It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Argh, network adaptors!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:51 pm 

Well, I am trying to install a wireless network adaptor on my girlfriend's computer, and I keep on getting this crappy message when running the Linksys installer:

"windows could not load the installer for Net. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance."

The funny thing, is that I started messing around with the device manager and noticed that I get the same message whenever I try to access any of my adapters, even my 3com one which is working fine. I remember, a long time ago that I had to mess around with her networking settings because she had lost all internet connectivity because of a bad sp2 upgrade...

Anyhoo, I was wondering if any of you had ever encountered this sort of problem? It seems to me that something in the device installer is preventing me from installing or modifying anything in the network adapters section of my device manager (can't even uninstall or do anything)

Argh!

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:37 pm 

I'm just guessing. Maybe it means .NET and you need to intall the .NET framework for the installer to work correctly. Or perhaps it is trying to install .NET and running into an issue.

That being said, you'd think the installer would prompt you to do this before throwing error screens at you if that were the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:49 pm 

If it's brand new you ARE entitled to phone support. Or you could return it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:09 pm 

nope, not an issue with .net framework... and it's unfortunately got nothing to do with Linksys (I did get them on the phone)...
As I had mentioned, I had to do some extensive work repairing her internet connection before, and I'm pretty sure something isn't fixed right. IMO, the fact that I had to install a new adapter just made this problem appear. I can't access any of the adaptors' properties... I keep on getting this annoying error message from the device installer.

Argh.

BTW Fink, did you ever get my pm I sent you way back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:32 pm 

MogWaEE wrote:

BTW Fink, did you ever get my pm I sent you way back?

Strange. Nope ;/

I have PM's dating back to 9/5/05. None from you bud.

One more thing you can try. Plug that error message into Google, quotes and all. I did that and got a ton of hits. Not sure how much of it is useful, but worth a try.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]