It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: New Quake Champions Footage
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:10 pm 

Some raw footage from Quake Champions. Looking sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLEUD0WnTzs

Post subject: Re: New Quake Champions Footage
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:20 pm 

So I got a BETA key and not a lot of time to play it, but I don't know quite what it is. It's really addictive, but I hate a lot of things about it. Somehow I can't stop playing.

The unlocking bullshit is annoying!

I guess as I get more educated in the game I may come around. It is fun as hell, but they've made some interesting choices for you. The UI has barely any customizations. I'm wanting to find the .CFG file and fix some things.

Not sold yet but damn happy I got an BETA invite.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:08 pm 

Im in to. There is a lot to like. Lot to hate as well. I don't think you have to unlock the champions when you buy the full retail version. Gameplay is solid though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:15 pm 

Quake with 2017 graphics? Looks interesting.

You mentioned the full retail version? From watching the you tube videos I got the impression that it will be free to play/pay to unlock various perks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:28 pm 

It's a bit more than that. The characters have unique abilities. The abilities don't feel game breaking in FFA, but remains to be seen in 1v1. Same weapons, powerups, etc for the most part, but they look different.

It can be free to play, but I believe you only get to use Ranger. If you buy full retail, you get all the characters no strings attached. If you're playing for free, you can rent the other Champions for a period of time through a purchase. That is done by earning some sort of currency through playing..shards or something.

I do not think it's going to be very moddable though. And that will probably prevent me from buying it when it comes out. I might grap it on sale after the release as a time killer. No custom maps, mods, skins...anything. Any additional content will probably be a DLC cash grab for Bethesda / iD. They've been pretty mute when asked about modding the game and I think they'd be flapping their gums about it, if the game was moddable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm 

There is an NDA, but whatever. I'm not playing in any of the upcoming betas anyway.

Some of this may already be common knowledge. Basically this doesn't feel like quake. Characters have different size hit boxes. Some characters are slower than others. Some have higher HP than others. This is basically Q3 with classes and an in game cash shop. No more free community offerings. Paid DLC is likely. Stick with QL if you're still playing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:51 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Been playing this - overall impressed it runs very smooth and fast, some things might upset the purists but overall its not a bad take on the quake experience - a little more of a curated experience than quake 3 with some cheeky voice overs and stuff (counting down to quad spawn, etc. though I think that will be customisable when it is out of beta) but I'm quite enjoying it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:42 pm 

Good to see you Rroff!

I love the reward you get if you grab a timed pickup right as it spawns. The game is so fun and I haven't even lead a match for more than 10 seconds.

Time to start posting some handles. You can guess mine but I'll start anyway.

Commander Keen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:11 pm 

I've had fun with it so far, playing as nyx, visor, and anarki seem to feel more like q3 then anything. However the rail gun and rocket just doesn't feel right.

The whole zoom damage with the rail and machine gun seem a bit unnecessary. And the nailgun seems really slow and weapon switching is very slow.

All in all I'm really enjoying it.

Anyone playing my handle is OpiX.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 pm 

This looks awesome, makes me want to build a gaming rig again!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:49 pm 

BETA feels a lot better this weekend. I haven't played it in a few weeks. This feels super solid now. Hit box on gauntlet feels rather large though, lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:51 pm 

Felt a bit more jittery than the other weeks, but the rail feels much better. Quad damage rail runs are very satisfying.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:26 pm 

Hey there guys....and gal(diffuze)

Just got my beta key last night,havent tried playing yet....maybe tonight.

Someone took my name skraggy,I assume. Said it wasnt available.
So my handle is 'darealskraggy'.....why someone would take my original name I have no clue,never seen anyone playing q3 with a name even similar. And I have a real reason for using that name....some know why

Seems that all I see on youtube is the map similar to q3dm6....curious to see what other maps are avail....

The game does seem alot faster pace than q3 was. Even though I still play q3 from time to time...under different alias',sometimes my original name. Seems I always get called a hack when I use my real name. Or get called for sniping on ctf....thats the point right ? Defend base,snipe a good spot to keep your flag in base. Funny how no one calls me that when I alias...not that I am all that great.

Well,hope to see you all around. I will prob be on during the day mostly,or late night when the wife is sleeping....she actually like watching me play....still kinda recovering from my accident.

Nick.....give me a call or email.Since you dont seem to check your email,here...727-557-six three eight seven
email fdino67 at hotmail

Other feel free to text me if you want as well

Take care....and see you all around

Happy fragging !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:29 pm 

I think the "open" BETA starts to day. If not either way the servers get turned back on to day. I have to see if it's working again, the Windows 10 creator update hosed it up and I've since rekicked my gaming rig with new OS install.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]