It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Want to play some Q3 this winter?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:18 pm 

Are any of you guys still here? Still playing?

I started the Fightclub forum again... for any Q3 players. I'd love to arrange some games this winter.. it's been so long and I miss it! Come join up if you want to play. FFA, Rocket Arena, etc.

I do not like Quake Live.. I want to play people I know.

http://slyster.com/fightclub/index.php

Post subject: Re: Want to play some Q3 this winter?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hey man, glad to see you're still banging away at the fightclub and Q3! I'd really love to get Q3 loaded up again. I actually started working on a map for some reason...LOL! Maybe if I finish it we can load it up and give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 am 

Chaos you are alive! :) Yeah I just had the idea last night.... I haven't played Q3 much in probably 10 years now... and realized I miss it! So I thought I'd slap up a spanking new forum with the intentions of simply coordinating some play this winter.

I have to refresh my memory as to how to start a server, use custom maps, mods etc... But I know I still have everything on the computer still gathering dust.

After the FC years I got so into bass fishing and then the last 5 years so into r/c helis.

There is nothing more addictive than rc helis! Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0cxL-_d ... plpp_video

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 am 

Hi Slyster!

My Q3 servers are still up and running, if you want to check them out.

SPYDERWEB Vanilla Q3 with over 300 custom maps-- 63.211.110.56:27960

SPYDERWEB-2 CPMA v1.48 with the required CPMA maps and a number of customs added--- 63.211.105.70:27960

When you join the vanilla server, the rotation is now set up with standard maps.
Just call a vote for any custom map from the console, and it probably is in there. Download is on.

Download is off on the CPMA server.

All of the burial-grounds maps are there, and jaxdm4_v21, along with other maps by Finko, chaos, Stormshadow, Bal, Jax, diffuse, Hex, and many more great people from the Q3 mapping community.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:48 am 

So there ARE still servers out there?

Do they get any use? Or are there not enough people to just join up? I would think these days Q3 is so dead that we would need to schedule events ahead of time.

I'll post this info on the new fightclub page (2 members!)

Please join fightclub forum (link in first post) so we can coordinate some games. I haven't yet explored this new BG forum yet to see if there are actually people scheduling times to meet up and play.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 am 

They get enough use to keep them going.

There are very few people here at this site who play Quake 3 anymore, though. Most have migrated to Quake Live. You would be surprised how many.

StormShadow has two custom maps on Quake Live that id software paid him to create.

As far as finding if anyone is on my servers, there is a site that has a gametracker link for them. It is http://www.vintagequakerz.com

BTW, some of the custom maps on my servers can be found at http://spyderweb.clanservers.com/anonymous

And Hex still has a site up with hundreds of custom maps on it. ftp://files.mhgaming.com/quake3/pk3s

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:46 pm 

I would like to - I miss the maps. My problem is getting my old .cfg back. I tried to play recently and I can't even adjust the brightness - too dark.

Also - do peeps still use a server browser?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:56 pm 

I can send you my .cfg and you can tweak it.

xfire is a pretty good server browser... also on the new Fightclub forum there is a link at the top to the old Q3PX plugin page.

http://www.xfire.com/download/

http://slyster.com/fightclub

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:03 pm 

I am definitely up for it this winter. After 2 years alone on pager I am hiring a backup. This means I am taking xmas week off and hopefully thanksgiving week off. I rebuilt the old gamer for getting clogged up. Very fast now but probably going to have the 'way too dark' q3 fresh install problem...will be pinging you guys for some help.

Evening games on a regular basis would be good for a change. I don't last more than 30 mins though, got my daughter here 7 nights a week custody now and super busy but the landscaping is in and it is winter so finally an end to all the outdoor obligations. Winter is the time to be on the puters more.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 am 

http://slyster.com/fightclub/index.php

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Just thought I'd pop by, don't really play quake 3 arena any more but I'm on Quake Live as Rroff and play now and again. Too busy with work to get in much gaming any more and when I do its mostly Eve Online these days tho did enjoy playing through Dishonored recently.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:02 pm 

First off...Hello to all my old online friends. Sly...good to see you still around,havent seen you in quite a while.I go watch buddies of mine fly planes and helis,I have been smart enough to stay away from starting into another costly hobby. A good old time friend owns Archies helis and hobbies. If there is anything costly that you need and want a discount,pm me here and I will hook you up with my personal info to get you hooked up with them.

Spyder,chaos,blade,uni...good to see you guys. Havent been around here much lately,been busy getting my own business going again,going well and starting to get too busy again.But thats a good thing.

I would be up for some gamage,I too never got too into the QL thing,just never felt right for me even after trying to tweak the cfg,couldnt stand getting hit by something that I didnt see where it came from,and playing with strangers just isnt the same as playing with friends.

I need to get my desktop back over to my house,my mom has been using it while I have been using nothing but a laptop here at home.Dont think playing on a laptop would hold up too well.
I will start checking back from time to time,if I see a coordinated game being set up,I will just go over there and play,it is not far from my house.

Good too see you all around still,and hope all is going well for everyone.

Spyder,I have a new number,I will pm it to you. Give me a call sometime. I pass by your place all the time now. Up and down 19 at least once a week. I could stop by one evening and hang out for a bit.

tty all later

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 am 

Good to see you here again skraggy.

Does your friend fly his choppers in back of Steak n Shake and the former location of New York New York off 19 in that field?

If so, I have driven by when he was flying a couple of times.

Who knows, you might have been with him!

If not, it is a great open space to fly them.

I will check my pm's for your new number and give you a call.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:11 pm 

Good to see you Rroff and Skraggy!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 pm 

You too CK.....

I missed my ole buddy Rroff in my last post....hey bud !

PM sent Spyder

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next