PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:20 pm 

J.C.'s Keynote address is up. First thing he did was apologize for RAGE :D
http://www.quakecon.org/

Post subject: Re: Quakecon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 am 

Yea that was unfortunate because I loved Rage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:31 pm 

Yes, a couple of months after I bought RAGE, I was finally able to play it without having such serious problems with artifacts using my Radeon 5770 card, that it made the game unplayable.

He should apologize, because testing the game across all platforms should have been a priority. Instead, his company bent to the pressure of releasing it (for console play) on an accelerated timeframe.

Even if they had delayed the release for pc until all of the issues were ironed out, I could have understood that.

But, even after going through hell for months to try to get the game to play properly, I still enjoyed it when they finally got the driver issues ironed out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm 

Ran awesome on the 360. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 am 

From that last comment, I take it that you are a console boy now ---- huh Keen?

Seriously, though, I would really have liked to just insert the game disk, load the game software, and play it like you did.

However, I bet that the visuals in Rage on my pc would blow away the crappy resolution that you get on the 360 - LOL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:37 am 

maybe you're right amigo but here's a couple things...

1. There's no install required you put in the DVD and play. All the memory and resources of the xbox go to game play. The underlying "OS" uses very little

2. I'm doing all of this on a 72 inch Samsung from the comfort of my couch with a beer.

:P honestly I was never able to afford keeping up with the expensive bleeding edge gaming rigs and I think the console was just the right thing at the right time for me. I have a 16 year old son now who was not even born yet when I first started playing Quake on line and I have handed this addiction on down to him now. He is still an avid PC gamer. Even though I may be a console gamer now days I still have a great admiration for the times we all had and the fact that there are still cool guys running Q3 servers to this day. What really finished my career is when I started to loose my sharp eye site and I've been in glasses now for about 6 years, just getting old in general sucks. I wish I were still a competitive gamer. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:55 pm 

I've tried a couple FPS games on the PS3 and just can't get around the aiming issues. When they build an "aim assist" option into a game, you know it must be a common issue. Other games, like dragon age, SSX Tricky, etc are perfectly awesome on consoles. Then you have something like Skyrim where you're missing out on so so much if you're playing the console version.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:49 pm 

It's all good, Keen.

If you have a 16 yr old in the house, I understand where you are coming from. That is a high maintenance situation.

And playing a game on a 72 inch screen must be an awesome experience.

I only have my third (and slowest) PC connected to a 42 inch screen, and I don't play too many games on it. Occasionally some Call of Duty, Call of duty 4, and Q3.

I usually play on my 22 inch monitor that is connected to my main gaming PC when I am playing Q3, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 3, or any of my other 150+ games that I have collected over many years of gaming.

I find that for precision shooters, I can do pretty well with 22 inches of screen space, but I do have to use special glasses since I will be turning 68 in December, and my old eyes are getting tired also.

The last console that I owned was the original Playstation, and that is because one of my hobbies is building PC's. I try to stay one or two levels below state of the art to keep the costs low, and upgrade them as necessary to get the best performance I can out of them, and I have stuck to using AMD products for this reason.

I am curious, though. You mentioned that your son plays PC games. What types of games does he play?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:28 am 

He plays a lot of warhammer and some free online games right now playing some 1700's shooter from the revolution period. It's really weird nerdy stuff. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:28 pm 

[quote="SPYDER"]

I usually play on my 22 inch monitor that is connected to my main gaming PC when I am playing Q3, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 3, or any of my other 150+ games that I have collected over many years of gaming.

[quote]

You play BF3? I've been playing more of that than MW3 lately. Do you play under the name SPYDER? You can find me as RareVos.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:00 am 

Hey Vos:

Good to hear from you.

I am Spyder1944 on BF3.

I don't know if you would want me on your squad, though - I don't do very well - LOL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:46 pm 

I'm sporting a .24 k/d ratio on the bf3 playstation version :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 am 

SPYDER wrote:
Hey Vos:

Good to hear from you.

I am Spyder1944 on BF3.

I don't know if you would want me on your squad, though - I don't do very well - LOL

Thanks for the invite! You are always welcome to join me. I play for fun, unlike a lot of other people out there, apparently ;D I'm generally on between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm EST.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm 

Thanks, Vos:

I will try to hook up with you in the near future.

OzZ is apparently doing very well on BF3.

His name is OzZLaw, and he is on my friends list.

His stats are crazy high - 30 million plus, If I remember correctly.

Send him a friend request if you haven't already done so.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 pm 

OzZ joined a server I was in the other day! Although we only played fro one map it was nice to have an old friend in the game after all of these years.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]