It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: I'm shocked
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:17 pm 

Actually,one of the last times that I played QL,and got all of the updates...it somehow grabbed my cfg from my baseq3 file,and all of my colors and binds were there. I mentioned that to a couple people and they thought I was nuts. Dont know what or how it happened,but it did.

hmmmm,I will try to get on QL sometime in the next few days. IF...I can remember my login info. I tend to never keep the same login to different sites,just change them up a little.

I too find it very laggy,always did,even after cfg changes. Thats why I never play it to be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:31 pm 

Funny that -- my settings are listed in a separate .cfg and did not get transfered, but all enemies are fluo green, so maybe that was in my baseq3 file. There was a few other macros such as automatically zooming in (smaller fov) when switching to the railgun and zooming out (larger fov) when switching to LG, that would be cool to still have those. In fact if I remember, each weapon had its own fov setting. Geez I really spent *lots* of time tweaking that config.

Funny thing about login info: I did not remember my BG password when I logged in last weekend. So I clicked the forgotten password link. It said to enter my email adress. I did but it was not the good one. I tried another one, was not that either. I dug into my old mail and managed to find out that I used an old Yahoo adress to register at BG. Use that, it works, new password sent. Now I tried login into Yahoo using the old adress, but the account was not active! By chance, I was able to re-register the same account at Yahoo, get to BG and ask for a new password again. I guess I really wanted in :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:25 pm 

Burial Grounds is like an old friend you haven't seen in years.

And when you finally meet them again, it is like you never were apart from them at all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 pm 

I miss the old days....Back when we had the oci site going,with a couple of servers,and the BG had a couple of servers,you could usually always find someone to play with. The time spent on irc,planning games,exchanging info to help each other,getting into arguments and kicking people from your channel,or having the power to kick idiots from your server if needed. The funniest part of the irc channels was arguing with someone in our public channel,while at the same time talking about it in our private channel. The memories....too much

I will give you a call this weekend spyder if you want to try and get a few games in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:02 am 

Quote:
though with the 14-month old girl, the job, the gf

Lots of great memories. Thanks to Chaos for keeping this going and the site looks terrific.

Chaos, Spyder you guys collecting this year for the tab ? Going to give a little to Wikipedia this year, I like that they do not advertise.

I was planning to play more recently but I am still cranking 80 hours per week, got me new servers with 256 GB ram using linux Hugepages and this upgrade is about done. I may be scaling back to 40's if they cut my overtime. 9 months of 24x7 pager has been quite a ride.

They are building my new house up the street and I need to sell this one some day but I want to frag a bit here and there and get back to some of the fun things I used to do. All work and no play etc.

I think work is going to begin slowing down - I really hope we can get a crowd going thru the holidays. I recall as my daughter was being born, around that time the server would be so full when I got him from work that you had to wait and watch the scoring action until a slot opened.

That girl is going to be 11 years old in 2 weeks. Now the decades are flying by like pages in a book ..

http://www.bmanandcgirl.com/images/index.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 pm 

I am ok as far as the Quake 3 servers go.

They are both very reasonable as far as the cost per month goes.

SPYDERWEB costs me $19.95 per month for 10 players max, plus an additional $7.55 per month for the extra storage for my ftp site.

Spyderweb-2 was a special deal from my provider (Gameservers.com).

It only costs $7.55 per month for 10 players max, and it is the one I use for CPMA 1.48.

So, for a total of $35.45 per month, I can easily afford to keep them active.

The only downside, is that they require me to enter a support ticket if I want any mods installed, but they were very good about the installation of the CPMA 1.48 mod on the second one, and that is the one I am paying the least amount of money for.

I do, however have complete control of the map rotation, and there is no limitation on the amount of custom maps that I can upload to both by use of an ftp client.

I feel that it is a great deal, considering what I am getting for the money.

BTW, I donated some money to Wikipedia, also. It is a great source of information.

Check with dmschaos through a private message if you want to donate some cash to help keep the burial-grounds site running.

I do, monthly through Paypal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 am 

BladeRunner wrote:
I was planning to play more recently but I am still cranking 80 hours per week

(...)

That girl is going to be 11 years old in 2 weeks. Now the decades are flying by like pages in a book ..

http://www.bmanandcgirl.com/images/index.html

Blade... You sound *exactly* like 6 years ago, swamped in IT work, strafejumping from topic to topic. The only difference is that now you post pics of a young lady instead of a jiggling toddler jumping on your bed.

Glad to read you again, but take time to chill out man! Next time you'll realize you're at your daughter's wedding lol.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:17 am 

Yep, just finished 9 months straight of doubletime. We cranked till 3:00 am last night but now I feel it - time off , at least 3 days off and more next weekend. Its worth it, street was blocked by 7 concrete trucks pouring our new foundation. My daughters dream home, she is here 5 days a week we just went sledding.

Next year I downshift into straight 8 40 hour weeks for a year :)

Looking for frags today and 24th woot !

C U there!

:)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:58 am 

I just rebooted the server.

If you want to play, bring it on!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2