It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Heyo :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:15 am 

Who's around? I need to install Q3 one of these days. Is anyone still playing? Maybe this time my comp won't crash repeatedly when I try to host. Would love silly server maps again, like perma flight and railgun with unlimited slugs.

Does anyone have my lameonade.pk3 map file? I thought I tested it with Wiccan. I think. Can't recall. Whoever it was, they probably have the only copy... never was able to salvage anything after the fire.

Been married for a while and I have two sons now... life in the fast lane, lol! O0

Post subject: Re: Heyo :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:55 pm 

Hi meep:

I have been posting here for a number of years, and I still play as much as I can.

I currently have two servers running Q3. They are in Atlanta, and are hosted by gameservers.com.

One is plain vanilla Q3, with over 300 custom maps on it (about 50 in rotation).

The other is running the CPMA 1.48 mod, which is a lot like OSP. It also has a lot of custom maps on it.

In order to use CPMA 1.48, you have to install the mod, and also all of the latest CPMA maps.

To get the CPMA mod and maps, go to http://www.promode.org

To get some of the maps on my servers, go to http://spyderweb.clanservers.com/anonymous

If you can find your map somewhere, I would be more than happy to include it on my servers, and on my ftp site, if at all possible.

The server ip's are 63.211.110.56:27960 (vanilla) and 63.211.105.70:27960 (CPMA 1.48)

They don't get a lot of activity (probably because of Quake Live, and the decline in interest for Q3).

But they do have enough activity from hard core custom map players and CPMA players to convince me to keep them alive.

If you have any questions, post here and I will try to answer them as best I can, but from your comments here, it sounds like you know more than I do about hosting servers.

Did you host a very low gravity server that I played on years ago? That was very cool.

BTW, all of the BG mappak maps , as well as many of the maps created by finko, chaos, Hex, StormShadow, Jax Gator, and others are included on my servers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:23 am 

Cool, thanks for the links! :) Nah, I don't know much about hosting a Quake server. I tried with an old laptop I had sitting around years ago and it kept overheating, lol. You probably don't want my map for a server - it's insanity. Tiny (like 2 people is plenty kind of tiny) and pineapples galore. Fun for a laugh but not for serious play. I didn't host the silly server - ch@os did. He set up the BGC server with some silly settings every so often and we all had a blast.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:13 pm 

Haloweenie silly server!!!

must have some screenshots of the festivities around here somewhere...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:15 pm 

:o

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

meep! wow, so nice to see you drop by! What have you been up too?!?!?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:20 pm 

meep wrote:
Been married for a while and I have two sons now... life in the fast lane, lol! O0

Contratulations "Momma Meep"! Great to hear from you, and that you are doing well. I've got four granddaughters myself.

Spyder, that's all good information you posted. I just re-installed Q4 yesterday, and have been thing of loading Q3 again for old times sake. I check your server through Xfire periodically but it is generally empty. I miss those maps and the old gang (or most of them ;) ).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:15 pm 

Hiyas,

I was doing QL for a while, but I spent more time on SecondLife doing software development for 'toys' I hope to sell there.

Currently, without an intrawebs connection but hope to fix that eventually.

Good to see BG's alive and the gang's still around.

:)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]