It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Crysis 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:34 am 

I am curious:

Is anyone else playing this game right now?

I am rather disappointed with it.

Not with the technical end of it - the graphics and game play are exceptional, and most of the scenarios are well done.

It is just too short.

I finished it in a little over 12 hours of game play. For me, that is a very short time compared to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Fear 2, plus the original Crysis and Far Cry 1 and 2.

In short, I feel a little bit cheated, even though I only paid 49 dollars for it, as opposed to the 59 dollars they want for it on steam. It makes me feel like they are capitalizing on the popularity of the original game.

Post subject: Re: Crysis 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 pm 

playing it now and pretty blown away for now. Got my 24 inch wide screen just in time ;) just walking around the maps, the amount of assets required is crazy. I can almost understand if its a tad short. sure some games are long, but they can be filled with a lot of fluff. Plus there is a mp element that is gaining popularity.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:30 am 

I have been reading a lot of comments about the game, and many other pc gamers are stating that they are also not too happy about it.

Since this game was designed for console play, and ported to pc play, the pc players were cheated in a couple of ways.

In the first Crysis, and the sequel Crysis Warhead, the game was pretty much non linear, much like Far Cry 1 and 2.

Another feature that is missing is the ability to destroy objects in the environment, like shooting down trees, etc.

And also, the features of the Battle Suit have been dumbed down and altered quite a bit.

There are also many less options for vehicle travel and combat available in this game. For example, you cannot just find any vehicle, like a car, jeep or boat, and cruise around looking for enemies to engage.

This is my story and I am sticking to it - lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:35 pm 

yeah, those are all valid points. I noticed you get some options here and there when navigating, but nothing like the freedom you had in the first one. I still love how you can detach the heavy machine guns from the trucks and walk around with them, heh.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:57 pm 

I just got crisis for 10 bucks on steam. Yes the game is too short... dunno about crisis 2. Metro 2033 was insane too but that ended rather quick as well...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 am 

Spoiler Video. I was just floored by some of these sequences in this game. This one rocked :) Glad someone posted it so I wouldn't have to go threw the trouble of doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:05 pm 

I am playing Crysis 2. I had to revert my Nvidia drivers due to the game acting out with the new drivers - so if you had any problems later on (weapons shining, blurry textures etc.) try going back one version.

I got overwhelmed with the eye candy after playing Quake and Stalker. I have a strong video card and everything is cranked to Extreme. I guess I'm getting old! On normal difficulty it's challenging enough. It was fun throwing a big old spider to an enemy's face or smashing a fat ass watermelon on their heads in the first crisis. Also, weapon customization was more versatile.

This is a different animal. Looks like the game does a lot of the things for you this time. I will look for the Turkish language pack and see if I can install it later. So, far fun game but I gave it a little break.. like I said I'm burned out on the eye candy. :D

Edit: Also, sliding tackles are awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm 

Maximum funk engaged!? O0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:10 pm 

So... overall I think crysis is far better than crysis 2.
I really don't like the fact that I am not allowed to skip the videos or change my crosshair.
I found some bugs in the game as well - related to gfx - no mater what version of drivers I had. Overall it was fun. They need more time to hit perfection. It looked like they were trying to simplify some aspects such as unifying max speed and max strength. This game gave me the feeling that it was meant for console gaming.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 am 

Well.. here is the DX11 patch:
http://www.mycrysis.com/dx11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:51 pm 

Great, nice timing on that patch, since I have played through the game twice already.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:44 am 

i have a gtx550ti 1 gig card. I got like 20 fps on everything cranked with the dxpatch and high res textures... lol. Didn't even bother playing it too much. Just wanted to see how it looks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:57 am 

ID software still pwns with the engines. They always have awesome gfx but their engines are less demanding than others. My only disappointment was Wolfenstein (didn't even play it but read a lot of bashing reviews). I hope DOOM 4 and Quake 5 will rock. I want blood, gibs, demons and pentagrams!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]