It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Fragged at the new job downtown today - Woot !
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 am 

And on the radio playing now is 'Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction' which I remember from Quake FU !

Great first day, while getting lunch with the gang at the startup company I am now contracting at today they mentioned Quake3 and I was floored. Back at the office they told me to get setup at 4:00 and I just happened to have my q3config on a thumb drive so I put the minimum in to play with familiar key binds and as always cg_fov 130.

It was tough, never before seen space maps and going negative in the dark, then a guy mentioned my new laptop monitor might only be dark due to the angle - bingo suddenly I could see what was going on and the gun mods no longer mattered. bal3dm3 I think it was which was always in rotation at good ole BG and I won. Woot !

So I intend to show them the BG map packs however I believe we need smaller maps so I am thinking of bringing

charon3dm3
GON

?

Any other great 3-5 guy maps for the rotation ?

Post subject: Re: Fragged at the new job downtown today - Woot !
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 am 

nice! charon3dm3 is my favorite map of all time :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:08 am 

charon3dm10
storm3tourney5
jaxdm8
lun3dm4
bal3dm1
hub3dm1
hub3aeroq3
ztn3tourney1
ztn3dm2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 am 

69 pickup1, alkdm06, alleyq3dc2, alm3dm4, Bal3dm2, bgmp1, bgmp4, bgmp8, bubtny1, c-arena, charon3dm10, charon3dm12, charon3dm2, charon3dm3 - of course, charonq2dm1v2, chronic, d3fx1, dae3dm2, davinci, deathtube2, deckt1, desperation, distonic_small, dubenigma, dvd3dm1, exp13, feldm1, fff, fr3dm1, geit3dm6, gm3tourney2, hope, htourney1, hub3aeroq3, hub3tourney1, ik3dm2, japandm, jaxdm4_v21, jaxdm8, jaxdm9, jaxtourney1, Jugulatordm2v2, kaos, keenq3dm1, klhights, lloydmdm2 - lol, lod1, longscreams, lun3dm1, midnight, miket2, mksteel, mrcq3t3, mw3tourney3, natedm2, natedm3, nedmaj, obiwanshouse, overkill, pom, pqarena, psidm7, q3chaosdm2-HO, q3chaosdm3, q3diffdm1, q3diffdm2, q3finkodm6, q3hexdm1, q3hexdm2, q3hexdm3, q3hexdm4, q3mexx1, q3ngiarena2, q3tbdm3, quarea51, quatrix, qxdm4_v2, rdogdm4, rjldm2, simetrik, skytown2, spacemap-nkd, stei6, storm3tourney1, storm3tourney4, storm3tourney5, stormatordm1, tig_den, tig_mouldy, tig_out, yurch, ztn3tourney1

If you can't find some of these maps, and you want to try them, let me know.
My ftp site probably has some of them. http://spyderweb.clanservers.com/anonymous

Have fun!! let me know which ones the people at work like the most, if you use any of these, which i am sure you will.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 am 

Keen, I told them what you said our little LAN party at Hex's house because they complained I was just using the standard 'sarge' model and they agreed - you do look like sarge you just need a cigar to complete the look. Personally I think its just a resemblence nobody is that ugly! LOL!

Joy - yep I forgot to put Jaxdm8 in there.

SPYDER - Now that is a list !

pom - I can never find anybody but the map looks great
Hexmaps - adding

Put many of those on my thumb drive this morning and Hex helped by having his server up to download some I could not find anywhere.

Ohh the memories ?

Meanwhile lunch at the Tilted Kilt has had a lot of eye candy :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:22 am 

That is just the tip of the iceberg - lol.

And I gave them to you in alphabetical order, too.

I use a great little app called mapman to manage the maps in my baseq3.

It is very old and very simple to use.

When you start the app, it searches your baseq3 for all of the maps, so it is always up to date, and it shows the thumbnails for them one at a time as you scroll down the list, which shows the map name, the file name, and the name in baseq3.

For example: distant sands | by jax_gator ----- BGMP2 ----- baseq3\bgmappak1

It also has the ability to print out a list of the maps, and also other features, like being able to launch the game with the selected map in single player, and sorting by mapname, filename, or baseq3 name.

BTW, we have a Tilted Kilt here in Tampa, and the eye candy is superb.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 pm 

SPYDER wrote:
That is just the tip of the iceberg - lol.

BTW, we have a Tilted Kilt here in Tampa, and the eye candy is superb.

I'll have to work on my game, daughter scheduled to be a teen ager in 3 years. That would be a great time to be motivated to cultivate a relationship with a younger gal.

Yes I will have to download mapman again...did you ever figure out what makes it crash? I think it was not too many maps it was certain maps I had to pull out that would lock it up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 pm 

Are you talking about mapman?

I have never had it crash, ever.

I have had the OSP mod crash, but I finally determined that it was an issue with the number of maps in my baseq3. I think it was around 560 maps or so.

There is a thread here somewhere explaining what I did to determine what the problem was. It took a lot of time and testing to finally figure out what was happening.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:21 am 

LOL I'll have to get my wife to snap a picture next time I'm smoking a Cohiba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:08 am 

Well we don't frag at work anymore. The other guys quit, I am on continuous pager but billing 80 hours per week cuz I struck a new deal with the new VP. I make presentation for 80k in new cluster servers tomorrow for my 11g upgrade this summer, without it I go over the top and play with flashback if there are any problems, this is SaaS and the only thing we sell is what on my database. R-I-S-K-Y. Meanwhile my ex rushed in and did a bankruptcy/foreclosure combo and must be the only person in America going homeless instead of waiting 1-5 years for the bank to foreclose on them.

As long as I have no life for a couple months here before I convert to wage-slave employee I think I will start hitting the spyderweb for some much needed action :)

Please join me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:12 am 

I would be glad to join you - let me know when you want to play.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]