It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Quake memories
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:08 am 

With Q4 coming soon, I've been thinking about some of my favorite Quake memories. Other than the fun-ass fragging I've done with the BG crowd in general, I'd have to say that Mikey holds the "place of honor" for me.

BGC was in a match against TKR (iirc), and we were playing Q3wcpx-Mexx. One of their players had the Quad and Mikey went out after him. I remember thinking that he was a goner and prepping for a rush on the flag when Mikey came strafing back in to base wearing the Quad. I LMAO.

CleanaH has another place of honor with me. When I was a noob, he took the time to show me how to do a rocket jump and how to run a map. I appreciated the hell out of that.

Q_B will always be the leader of the Clan. Thanks for the memories bro. Sorry I got us into league before we were even close to being ready. But even so, I had a damn good time!

Jax always set the standard with his maps. I can't think of one that I don't enjoy playing.

Anyway, I may add a few more, but I'm interested to know what some of your favorite Quake memories are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:33 am 

My best memory is starting the Fightclub in 2000 (or so)... was a great ride!.. and all the fun games we played over the years.. both on our own rented servers.. and on BG servers.. and getting to mix with all the BG crowd. Such a great run... more coming for all of us I hope... Can't wait to see what Q4 holds in store for all of us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:23 am 

dayam.. i've been going through some crazy nostalgia lately as well...

I had way too many good moments on the bg servers that I can't mention them all, but what DOES stick out in my mind is the first map i played on the bg osp server waaaay back.. like in 2001 .. the map was Yurch, and i played Wicc, OW i believe Chaos.. [edit] AND 1NTR1NS1C! [/edit]

that map blew me away as it was my first ever introduction to the world of custom mapping...

I found BG via Team Arena (and it was you, Rackat, whom i first met from here while playing it), but it was the deathmatching on customs that kept me here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:30 pm 

The first 30+ man LAN party on Charon3dm3 and the second. I don't remember why we did a do over, I still have a demo and a movie I made of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:39 pm 

I've got so many great q3 memories I hardly know where to start, loool. :D

Getting smoked 250 to negative 2 in our first clan bgc TDM tourney. The owntage was severe in that one. Is that what you meant rack? Heheh!!!

I also remember the first ctf map that bgc won in tourney play. It was against HoS. This was before we used teamspeak and I played the whole map with the phone tucked under my shoulder talking with 1ntr1ns1c. Man, how dinosaur is that. :D

I still have a zillion ss's and demo's of maps played on the BG server. I remember when the server was so full it might take an hour or 2 to be able to join. Hope, khaooos and the other maps with 12 peeps playing.

4 bglp's and the oppurtunity to meet so many other bg peeps including fel, cleanah, spectra (say what you will, he was an interesting person), chaos, captain, fb, cake, etc.

I'm hoping that t3ch will be able to run a q4 server and we can start all the memories afresh and keep this going for several more years. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:31 pm 

I lub all you fukrs! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:22 pm 

b3rieved wrote:
spectra (say what you will, he was an interesting person

that dude made me laugh, and was a really cool person when it was just you and him in a server... woudl bend over backwards to help with your config and stuff. Just had a crazy ass ego that got out of control on the forums sometimes..lol

(spectra VS ek the devil)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:51 pm 

Every game I played had it's unique moments.
Some of the funny comments I remember:

"why the f@#5k do I everytime spawn by OzZ and his LG?!!?"
- by neutrophile

"Turn off the bot"
- by Vega

"Yu fukin guy"
-TT

"Fuck you I hate you"
-Analog

"Lets tweak it bitch"
-Spectra

Analog, TT, rroff, opix, blotto, wiccaN, blade.. hehe the list goes on and on. Fun times. Thanks to all of you and your unique personalities.
And of course hail Mr. Ch@os and all who made BG and fps gaming a distinct part in my life.

And, please Stormshadow, lets make a jaxdm8_ctf for q4 if we can get a hold of jax (ur da man) and get his permission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

[color=#aaddff:0123a60004]wow, I have lots of fond memories.

starting from the begining...with the q3arena crowd. I had started the bg servers back then, but not website. Just invited people to play my servers. Met some really great people back then...

Then q3arena kind of died, so we migrated to the bg forums. It was a slow start, just the few of us, but it was a great begining that set the tone for the life of this website.

Quad_Bait, Smohq and 1ntr1ns1c, the first 3 bg "staff". What a great crew. We really accomplished a lot in those first few months...

Custom maps...wow....hope, yurch, ztn3dm2, et'al....that's what made BG what it is today, community and custom maps. w00t!

BGLP1...my favorite bglp...meeting the original bg members and staff for the first time. Having the first 1v1 tournament....hearing OW say "stand still god damn it!" Awesome!

Working on the first BGMP (burial-grounds map pak), what a great accomplishment! Still some of my favorite maps.

Quake-Fu...nuff said!

BGLP2, 3 and 4...meeting even more people each time. New champs for the 1v1 tourney...more and more Sleemans Honey Brew!!

Playing with the rail only to try and be #1 in the stats with that weapon.

Spectra, Vega, Noctournal, et'al.....all was good for a long time...too bad things didnt always work out, but still many fond memories.

Felonius...the many hours we talked on the phone about quake-fu...meeting him at bglp2, or was it 3? Great guy. Will be dearly missed! But we still have feldm1 that will live on forever!

BGLP2, maybe not as critically acclaimed, but imo one of the greatest map paks of all time.

Beta testing great maps from storm, finko, jax, psion, lloyd, charon, et'al....awesome!

Too many memories, all great. Here is to many more to come![/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:26 pm 

And yes, I will never forget the games we played on Charon3dm3.

Fel, I hope this message reaches you somehow, someway...

I will never forget the insane fun we had on that map.
You Tippy and I!
3 railers get together and shoot for not score but just to impress their opponent:
Two words: NICE SHOT!
That's all we friggin' cared about.

We played that map inch by inch.
Rail by rail! rocket by rocket!
And, yes my mouse works fine now Fel.

Hahah Ch@os do you remember, how we lined up on the ledge charon3dm3 for the movie project!? It was hillarious.. you were like..

"mofos STOP SHOOTING!!!!" haha
then you disabled the weapons for a few minutes..
Then I remember, some wacko pulled out the gauntlet and the carnage started. Hahah! fuggin fun..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

[color=#aaddff:f13527aa74]ah yes, how could I forget oz! I also remember having to do it again because my demo didnt work. It was certainly a classic. The carnage that ensued after I got the footage I needed will also not be soon forgotten! :) 30 people in charon3dm3 is a sight to be seen for sure :)[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:41 am 

Too many to count :lol:

First has to be staying up all hours of the night with ozz and analog in test bigbox.

The insane charon3dm3 games that went on in the middle of the day.

The 98 min or so overtime bgc vs tkr match (bejeezus)

Having to play agisnt all 3 NPB! you know who you are!

the crazy spinning tower that stoped a game in its tracks to see how tall it could get.

The BEEEEECH :lol:

Finding my long lost twin OpiX GooD

There are a whole lot more but no one wants to hear me ramble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:13 am 

**blinks away tears before they ruin rolling papers**

I'll post a few oldies after a bit of sleep...and some time to reflect.

1nt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:30 pm 

I remember us trying to build one of those human towers on DM17.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:50 pm 

Finko wrote:
I remember us trying to build one of those human towers on DM17.

Yes that was awesome!!! :D

and ^^Ch@os^^ trying to get us all to be still on that ledge in charon3dm3 I remember some one put a slug through a whole row of guys and that is what unofficially started the frag fest that ensued.

Getting that same bunch to do a standing column was funny! :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next