It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Vintage Frags ? Keen? Spyder ? Herb ?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:24 pm 

Servers are fun, just takes 10 mins a day to relive the memories of awesome maps.

Any takers out there ?

:D

Post subject: Re: Vintage Frags ? Keen? Spyder ? Herb ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:03 am 

I can't seem to find any info on "Vintage Frags".

What are you referring to?

Do you have a web address that you can post, or some more info for us?

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:04 am 

SPYDER wrote:
I can't seem to find any info on "Vintage Frags".

What are you referring to?

Do you have a web address that you can post, or some more info for us?

Hehe...I was just referring to the ole Vanilla Q3 / OSP / CPMA.....nobody on the servers for a while now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:37 pm 

Well, it IS spring time, as you know.

A lot of people have less time for gaming when the weather turns nice.

Plus, Quake Live is putting a serious dent in the play on the traditional Quake 3 servers.

I have noticed that a lot of the Quake 3 servers that I monitor on xfire are not there anymore, although there are still over 2,000 shown as active on the in game browser that query's id's master server (It is surprising that they are still maintaining it after all these years - it is a testament to id's commitment to gaming).

However, if you look at the list in game, many of the servers listed are not running Quake 3, but are using the Urban Terror mod (a counter strike clone that is pretty good).

Maybe in a few years I will be the only one left running Quake 3, although there are still Quake 2 servers to be found out there, but you have to search to find them.

My two servers only show about 10 players a week now. It is sad, I really miss the days when you sometimes had to wait for a slot to open up to play on the burial-grounds.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:51 pm 

Time and energy keep me away from gaming lately. My health is still up and down...sometimes I feel like a million dollars,and sometimes I feel like a penny.

Honestly, I would rather play q3 over QL. There is something missing in QL for me,it just doesnt feel like good ole q3.

Maybe this weekend we can coordinate something to get together of spyders server and get some games on.

[color=#0000BF][font=][size=150]~Retired~[/size][/font][/color]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:02 pm 

I have been absent from my servers for about a month and a half off and on, due to family health problems (my mother in law had some heart problems and a mini stroke), and I had some dental problems.

Also, I have been playing Far Cry 2. (I finally finished it).

Last night I saw herb and fr8shaker on the AKA server, so I joined in and played for awhile. When everybody left except herb, he and I jumped on my vanilla server and played for awhile, and then we went to my CPMA server and played until 3am.

I will probably get on my vanilla server tonight and lurk for awhile to see if anybody shows up.

To BladeRunner - if you and your buddy want to join in on my CPMA server, meet me at my vanilla server and let me know, and I will meet you there.

In case anyone reading this doesnt have the info for the servers:

vanilla server 63.211.110.56

CPMA server  63.211.105.70

Sorry to hear you are still having problems, Skraggy, that really sucks.

Say hi to everybody in your family from my wife and I, and hang in there.

BTW, the offer to get together for a boat ride still stands, just let me know when you and anyone else wants to go.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:57 pm 

skraggy wrote:
There is something missing in QL for me,it just doesnt feel like good ole q3.

Maybe it's the maps, when i was playing QLive more often before I faded away from it I felt like I was missing the maps like the ones Chaos had in the rotation. The QLive maps seem to be geared more towards close quarters combat and there really isn't a lot of vertical combat or arial fragging going on. The map styles are good for SPAM and that gets old after about 2 rounds for me.

but I really dig what they are trying to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 pm 

I think you kinda hit the nail on the head there keen...

I will definatly be in touch Spyder, the weather has been nice, maybe next weekend. Not this weekend,but the following. I plan on finishing up one of my ski's this weekend and getting it to the water....then I will probably be selling them all.

We bought a new toy last weekend, an '05 Cadillac CTS....mint condition.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:41 am 

I tried it' it looks really good but ZDoom gives you 1920x1080

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:05 pm 

I'll keep trying to hookup SPYDER.  I wish I could get qtracker to ping my iPhone when somebody joined in.  That would be cool.

Skraggy, whats up with your health man?  I remember talking about it a ways back.  I had the near-death hospitalization last year and dropped 35 lbs.  I have fought my way back to 170 lbs but too stressed out to get where I want 190-200 is enough for my frame.  Once I got off that horrid Prednisone which I hope to never ever take again I started eating more than plain yogurt and salmon.  Many times since then I would get to eating too much processed foods and not drinking enough water.  So I would go right back to the salmon and hydration and the feeling would go away in 24 hours.  For me its a slow start I now notice, but if I dont do something about it, it will turn into a slippery slope thats hard to reverse.  I still take VSL#3 each day. 900 Billion friendly probiotics in a malt flavored powder.  So I seem to have my problem figured out, although the Doctors say I have no control over it and its not related to food.  I have what works for me.  I found that Carraggeenan, when degraded will cause UC in any mammal, discovered it was in my toothpaste, instant coffee, deli turkey etc.  The researcher thought it degrades inside the body.  Clearly my immune system gets confused and goes into overdrive and attacks my gut.  Got to keep it happy.  So VSL#3 and yogurt and salmon, foods you could get 500 years ago, thats my solution, the doctors give me drugs that dont help and the hospital did not carry VSL#3 and ran out of plain yogurt so I had to get out of there after they stabilized me.  Skinny, tracks up and down my arms and my voice altered - I looked like a heroin addict.

Just thinking about this makes me so happy I have my health back, I am even taking arachidonic acid, which warns against consuming if you have UC.  Its my form of stress test and I seem to be doing fine after 4 weeks.

So whats making your health go up and down like a sine wave ?  Find any interesting research ?

I feel so good I ran a marathon with my daughter.

Sarge at the bolder boulder..
http://s89484635.onlinehome.us/Bolder_Boulder.jpg

The lineup...
http://s89484635.onlinehome.us/Bolder_Boulder2.jpg

Folsum Field...running in here at race end with the stands filled was tremendous, heck the entire race was awesome, band on every corner people encouraging my daughter and cheering us on..
http://s89484635.onlinehome.us/Bolder_Boulder3.jpg

Last edited by BladeRunner on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:06 pm 

To BladeRunner:

That is great news to hear that you are getting close to normalcy again, after all this time. It sounds like you have done your research well on what to stay away from, and what makes you feel better, and keeps you that way.

As you know, I had a mild case of it caused by an antibiotic I was taking after a root canal. I would not wish that on my worst enemy, and you had it much worse than I did.

My pseodu membraneous colitis was caused by an antibiotic called clindamycin (1200 mg a day for 2 days, then 600mg a day for 6 more days), and the cure was another antibiotic called metronidazole (750 mg a day for 10 days), plus massive amounts of the yogurt.

You might think about trying the metronidozole, because it attacks the "bad bacteria" in your gut, and allows the "good" bacteria to thrive. It seemed to really help me get well in a hurry.

As for fragging, I was pleasantly surprised last night to have some people join my vanilla server. between 9:30 and a little after midnight, poody, AKA fr8shaker, VQ sweetness, and two other players I haven't seen before were playing.

In case you don't know, VQ sweetness is a woman who lives near the French Riviera, and is very much addicted to Quake 3, as well as living up to her name. She does very well, even though her ping is very high.

Sorry you couldn't join us last night, it was a lot of fun.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 pm 

To Skraggy:

Sounds like a nice ride. Does Liz let you use it much? LOL

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:55 pm 

SPYDER wrote:
To BladeRunner:

That is great news to hear that you are getting close to normalcy again, after all this time. It sounds like you have done your research well on what to stay away from, and what makes you feel better, and keeps you that way.

As you know, I had a mild case of it caused by an antibiotic I was taking after a root canal. I would not wish that on my worst enemy, and you had it much worse than I did.

My pseodu membraneous colitis was caused by an antibiotic called clindamycin (1200 mg a day for 2 days, then 600mg a day for 6 more days), and the cure was another antibiotic called metronidazole (750 mg a day for 10 days), plus massive amounts of the yogurt.

You might think about trying the metronidozole, because it attacks the "bad bacteria" in your gut, and allows the "good" bacteria to thrive. It seemed to really help me get well in a hurry.

As for fragging, I was pleasantly surprised last night to have some people join my vanilla server. between 9:30 and a little after midnight, poody, AKA fr8shaker, VQ sweetness, and two other players I haven't seen before were playing.

In case you don't know, VQ sweetness is a woman who lives near the French Riviera, and is very much addicted to Quake 3, as well as living up to her name. She does very well, even though her ping is very high.

Sorry you couldn't join us last night, it was a lot of fun.

Wow, U DA Man!

Both times I got sick followed antibiotic doses, the first one came on the heels of several rounds of differing antibiotics.

I am going to have to continue researching this after work.  VERY INTERESTING.

Looking for frags later :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:20 pm 

SPYDER wrote:
To Skraggy:

Sounds like a nice ride. Does Liz let you use it much? LOL

On the weekends, I still drive the Jeep to work,and the caddy every once in a while.

Blade, the same problems that I was having before. I now have zero thyroid function(after the second dose of radioactive iodine to stop my thyroid from overproducing), so the Synthroid keeps me alive pretty much. They have my dose about figured out,but still moving it around a little here and there depending on TSH & T4 levels in my blood. Depending where the levels are, sometimes I am always tired,and sometimes I do not sleep for days. Then I still have the herniated discs and degenerative discs, so a steady diet of Vicodin and muscle relaxers keep that in check and me out of pain.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:30 am 

Skraggy - whats the exact diagnosis ?  Sounds like you were over and now they have you locked at under.

SPYDER - Ah 1st frags in 10 days, 1st since new router.  Was getting my arse handed to me 5-0 but pulled off a 7-5 win or something.

Fun shit - Damn!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next