It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Was this map ever released
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:48 am 

Hey old quake 3 friends

Did they ever release that beautifull «paradise island» stylish CTF map ? I've almost seen it in my dreams recently...always wanted to see that map released when I was younger...and now that I have more than 30 fps to play with...

Anyone know, also, if I could get the HUGE map Rroff has made once..with castle at both ends and a huge volcano...this was one fun rail map.

Last question....anybody know how Buttmunch is doing ???

Later,

Patrick Trépanier, P@T La Matrake, STN_Pat...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:54 am 

If you mean the one by Lloyd, no I don't believe he ever did. Probably got caught up doing 30 job interviews for gaming companies ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:57 am 

This really makes me sad.......does any of you has contact info ? I seriously HAVE to try it out......it's psychologic. haha

I am also looking for the name of the map that was in the rotation...wich has «clocher» tower...some kind of cathedral...we could go on the top...and Mikey would always kick our asses in that map...!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:56 am 

Are you talking about lloydmdm2 - that is a very large map he called Ancient Archipeligo.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:23 pm 

No he's talking about a Capture the Flag Map called Tempest Utopia by Lloyd Morris.

I believe he got a job working for splash damage

They even mention the map on Lloyds BIO page...
http://www.splashdamage.com/?page_id=13

Apparently he released it to "Sock" to use models out of it for a map called Pyramid of the Magician
http://www.simonoc.com/pages/design/maps_q3/pom.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:41 pm 

Pyramid of the Magician is one of the few maps where the original Q3 arena style of art and construction is not readily evident.

It is a beautiful map, very well constructed, and really showcases what can be done with the Q3 engine.

However, I was really commenting on STN_Pat's second question. About the map in rotation on the BG servers with the "clocher tower" where we could go on the top.

The only other map that was in rotation that I can think of is probably the burial-grounds tribute from Jax Gator, called jaxdm4_v21. When STN_Pat refers to a "clocher tower", maybe it is the bell sound made on that map when you get to the top.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 pm 

SPYDER and Commander, thanks for you replies.

SPYDER, the map was Ancient archipelago. thanks a lot for remembering me, i've just downloadede it and willl go try it out again.

Commander Keen, i'll try to get a hold of a version of the map from Lloyd....we never know.

Talk to you later,

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:29 am 

Holy Shit!! Hi Pat. Haven't talked with you since Nucknuts website went down which must be ages now. How the hell have you been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 am 

Hey STN_Pat

If you want to go online and play, go to my website: http://spyderweb.clanservers.com to get the info on the server, my ftp site, and the maps on my server.

My Q3 server (SPYDERWEB) is also shown on the homepage of this site, thanks to the kindness of dmschaos.

Ancient Archipeligo (lloydmdm2) is one of over 330 maps on my server, and can be played by doing a callvote map "mapname" from the console.

I also have all of the burial-grounds map pak maps in the server rotation.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:39 pm 

Hi Koro ! I am doing very good....and is you ?

Spyder, thanks a lot. I'll look into it !!!

Later guys,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:27 am 

Thanks Keen,

This is why I wandered into burial-grounds in search of his map in the only computer game I had ever played but was getting addicted..but the jet fighter pilot found a job and never finished it

Lloyd 'LloydM' Morris
Level Designer

An unexpected benefit or our long-standing subscription to the Lloyd Of The Month Club is Lloyd M. Joining us from The Real World, Lloyd studied engineering at university in order to get a job as a fighter pilot in the Royal Air Force. Exposure to near-lethal levels of Half-Life and Doom caused him to abandon his dreams of blowing stuff up for a living, opting instead to create virtual stuff for other people to blow up. He's all about the giving. Born and raised in London (although he briefly defected to live in the Americas), Lloyd claims that the only time he's ever nearly died was while snowboarding which he does whenever he can (although Lord knows it ain't easy in central London). This shows that he has consistently mistaken our exchanges of gunfire as harmless fun, and not the homicidal flurry of lead that it really is. And that we can't aim for toffee.

Lloyd worked for Fountainhead Entertainment and Virgin Interactive before joining the mud-caked code-bothering mechanical monkeys of Splash Damage. The shortest time he's ever taken to build a map was 1 day. The longest is 3.5 years (and counting) for his CTF Tempest Utopia. It is said that should he ever complete this map, the dead will rise from their tombs, and Enemy Territory will be released as a free standalone download. No, wait!...AAAAGH!

http://www.splashdamage.com/?q=node/78

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The amazing thing about that map, is I'm willing to bet a million installations of Quake 3 would be dusted off and put back in to action if he were to release it today :)

I know mine would get a work out!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]