Post subject: **UPDATED** 11-1-06 **BETA-2** q3chaosdm3 - Psychophobia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

BETA 2 is now available.
DOWNLOAD:
http://www.burial-grounds.com/q3chaosdm3-beta2v2.zip

Changes:
Weapon and Item placement has changed quite a bit.
Quad is in new location, more central for better fighting
added jumppad in Plasma Gun Room to get to upper floor.
Bot support added, still needs a little tweaking though
More clipping, and cluster portals added
Changed TP dest. to swap between two rooms. Works well imo.
Many more I cant think of right now.

you can callvote this map at bg server 72.71.252.96:27960
###################################################

high res screenshots:
http://www.burial-grounds.com/shot0101.jpg
http://www.burial-grounds.com/shot0103.jpg
http://www.burial-grounds.com/shot0107.jpg
http://www.burial-grounds.com/shot0108.jpg
http://www.burial-grounds.com/shot0110.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.burial-grounds.com/q3chaosdm3-beta2v2.zip

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:22 pm 

Nice, dling now, feedback later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:41 pm 

I love the theme and everything you have going, very cool.

The textures around the quad damage portal in the ceiling are misaligned.

Also on the stairs leading up to the grenade launcher, it'd look better I think if the mid step was a 22.5 degree angle. (attached image). You have the 90 and then another 90 and then a 45 degree step. If that middle one was angled half way I think it would look better. You can use the clipping tool to make a custom angle as well. Or edge drag the vertices's.

Also please add an AAS file I'd like to see if the scale is as small as it feels or if it plays well with BOTs.[br][img:width=640&height=480]../../e107_files/public/1162158066_21_FT9022_shot0056.jpg[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:39 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Heya keen,
I'm aware of the texture alignment in the quad room...right now they are just place holders until I find something I like. I may rework that entire room, but right now the concept is in place and I want to see how it plays.

I'll fix those stairs, thanks. As a matter of fact, seeing how bright it is on your screen, I'm going to rework them altogether.

I'll have an AAS file ready for beta 2. I'm currently working on the bot clipping and area portals as we speak. Once I get some more feedback i'll have beta 2 ready in a day or two...depending on how much reworking I have to do :)

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:43 pm 

Impressive stuff.

A few things:

1) Maybe open up a gap between the railgun and the wall so you can drop down onto red armor.

2) I think its important to make another route to the top tier of the map. Right now, the only two routes are the Jpad in the mega room and the stairs in the RA room. The problem with this is that the top floor is already the best route between these two key items, so its easy for a player to control the map from up there. Maybe make a TP destination right where the RG ammo is on the top floor of the PG room.

3) Im not really sure I like how the quad is tucked away in a room with only one entrance. I think in general, you want juicy items like this to be in a well travelled location. You want people to fight over good items - particularly quad - and the best way to do this is to create a few good approaches where you can anticipate people attacking the item at the same time and duking it out. BTW, I think the quad area is inventive, but I dont know if its condusive to flow.

4) It seems like it takes a while to get to the MH - unless you RJ. Your only real choice is to navigate around behind it through that tunnel. Maybe if you could approach it from the GL side as well you could create more interesting battles over this item, and make the approach to it less predictable.

5) Your YA's also tend to have one good approach as well. This is fine to do with some items, but you also want some that are easier to grab.

Other general stuff:

- You probably dont want 2 25hp's in the Quad room, especially since you have a YA and a Mega right there. Not to mention another YA right thru the TP.

- The RG ammo should either be removed or put on a bottom level, farther away from the RG imo.

- It seems like there is overall too much health for the map. Only gameplay testing will tell, however.

Other than that, good map! The item placement is good, and certainly keeps a player moving. I will try to play some people on the server, or some bots on next beta and give some constructive item placement feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Storm:

1) I thought about that, and may incorporate it in to the next beta. It's not going to be easy though, will have to re-work that entire platform...eek.

2)Good idea. I was trying to figure out a new route up there...but not sure how I want to handle it just yet. That TP ide is a good suggestion. Perhaps I'll move the TP dest. from the YA platform.

3)Yah, I agree about the quad room. I'm not sure how to handle this problem though. I can add a few entrances to that room, or move the Quad. Neither idea really appeals to me at this point, mainly because I cant think of a better place for the Quad. The main large area makes the most sense, but I'm not sure where in that room would work without me having to rework that whole area...hmmm...

4)I also thought about this with some playtesting. You can get to the MH through that window behind it and there is also a spawn point up there (which may not stay there.) I could add a trick jump to get from the lower platform below the GL...hmmm....

5)Both of these may move...

Thanks for the feedback. NEarly all of it will be addressed for the next beta...which may be out tonight or tomorrow depending on how much reworking I feel like doing ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Check top of thread for update! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:13 pm 

Thanks! Got it man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:50 pm 

Dling, feedback later. Would have checked sooner but ive been off camping in bear country for the past week or so :)

Feedback soon!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]