It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: implicit sound problem
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:39 pm 

Hi,

I have several sounds on my map, all of which WORK except for one. That particular one is the ONLY one that's triggered...the others are looping and you only hear them when you get close enough.

In devmap mode, the triggered one works as advertised but after I pack it up and run it from the mp menu, it CRASHES the game with an error message "the declared sound is IMPLICIT".

Here's how I made the triggered sound:

placed a speaker object on the map and set it to the sound file.
placed a trigger on the map, highlighted the trigger first, then the sound object, then control k'd (or alt k'd whatever lol). After this, you can see the line drawn from the trigger to the speaker, and see each object referencing the other in the entity window. And like I said, it WORKS in devmap mode.

The trigger is set to only be triggered once every ten seconds.

Initially I had no additional settings on the speaker but after this crash, I tried setting waitfortrigger to 1, thinking that when it's 0 (or not set at all as was my case) that it would fire on map load, the one time, and then when you tried to trigger it, it would say, nope - it's set to play on load and you just pissed me off so im shutting down! - this change had no effect. it still shuts down the game.

any ideas? thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:08 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I know its been awhile since this was posted, and I'm tired and about to go to bed, but thought occured to me, the path to the sound is it something like /sounds/blah/blah.wav (or /blah/blah.wav) or is it c:some folderanother folderblah.wav coz if so it needs to be like the first example...

ImageImage

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]