It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: q4map Rusted - Beta 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:54 pm 

A few things. First, this map in all likelihood will be submitted to the VIA/Doom3World mapping comp, so please dont distribute this map anywhere outside this forum. I had a bad experience with a beta of mine getting stuck up on quake4files.com before I was ready for it to be there, and I would rather not repeat that experience :)

Obligatory Screenshot:

There are two files in this pk4, storm4dm3, and storm4dm3_a. The second is an alternate build without the railgun.

My concerns are that the map is too open for the railgun, and that its too easy to camp certain areas. I did try to put the RG in an out of the way location in build 1, but it may not be enough.

I am mostly looking for item placement feedback, but I will retool the layout if need be, so feel free to suggest anything.

DL here:
http://www.planetquake.com/stormshadow/ ... 3_beta.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

[color=#aaddff:55225d4ffc]Oh man.. I have been meaning to give you feedback on this... I will tonight for sure... sorry man. Nice work thouhg for what I see ;)[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:41 am 

NECROSIS wrote:
[color=#aaddff:782f090ac6]Oh man.. I have been meaning to give you feedback on this... I will tonight for sure... sorry man. Nice work thouhg for what I see ;)[/color]

well?!?!?

:D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:07 am 
Administrator
Administrator

[color=#aaddff:0a8cba8991]Well dude.. All i have to say is, solid stuff. I looked at botht the maps (this one and the other one that is not the alternate version of this map ;) ) Couldn't find any problems, placement seemed spot on, and on this map (for this thread) I do like the rail. Although the map is a little open the shots have to be super precise because of the architecture...

We would need to play it on a server (hex ;) where you at) to see about gameplay... other than that I would like to see at least one structure or room with a little more ambiance. I have not seen many models in q4, like in q3 wiht the statues and such... that really seems to be missing from q4, a little more personality.

Good job dude and let's get this suckers on a server to test :D[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:28 pm 

NECROSIS wrote:
[color=#aaddff:5e6fc0b7ee]Well dude.. All i have to say is, solid stuff. I looked at botht the maps (this one and the other one that is not the alternate version of this map ;) ) Couldn't find any problems, placement seemed spot on, and on this map (for this thread) I do like the rail. Although the map is a little open the shots have to be super precise because of the architecture...

We would need to play it on a server (hex ;) where you at) to see about gameplay... other than that I would like to see at least one structure or room with a little more ambiance. I have not seen many models in q4, like in q3 wiht the statues and such... that really seems to be missing from q4, a little more personality.

Good job dude and let's get this suckers on a server to test :D[/color]

Thanks!

As for adding more ambiance, I dont think that will happen :D This is a competition map, I dont want to get too fancy in terms of visuals, since they are a) distracting, and b) take a toll on FPS.

Also, it seems like most models were not designed around this texture set - most are very clean, and techish.

Tell you what, my first FFA map will have tons of models, ambiance, etc :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]