It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: What the heck is this stuff?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:12 pm 

This crap is always at the bottom of every spam letter I get... just what the heck is this jibbering??

Here's the longest one I've seen yet!

------------------------------

Livestock Market site. djohnson Flax Mill say Gay Meadow covenant Lawley Cllr Kath Feb Geof Montford Pimhill Porthill Rea Valley Rowton Severn Proud Salopian Sutton Reabrook Underdale. Quay SY HQ email: Back Homepage Profile Register opinion Template Monster Resources OZZU: Windows

cannot earned. Believe savior whom Father. faith required. As should due national now enter second detailed hopes find current number one. exclusive expert analysis every week subscribe whats magazine storySign login Forgotten SPONSORED LINKSCar Insurance. Dwellings Comment councils plans provide total Dec Fiore Existing Livestock Market site. djohnson Flax Mill say Gay Meadow covenant which refers land purposes. Nov Gareth Owens Shawbury Turn proposed Turn. London Road Sports Centre proposals Centre. Meole Brace Golf Course Club Fitness Facility Course. Monkmoor Music Hall future Hall. New Venue venue river loop Football Stadium Oteley Road. May Old Give opinion create entries words but able judge funniness suggests perhaps It might ultimate Turing test says. received around visitors different countries makes study Wiseman. One drawback verify personal submitted accurate. But believes only small admits popular overall Sherlock

in your try newer version of browser. Text Only Skip Size: LARGE. those thought humans. Laugh Lab survey being conducted through members public invited submit favourite rate They asked Five were loop Just minutes plenty ideas increase Affiliate Program Neowise Software URL: Webmaster courtesy

burns immune system Single gene turns fruit flies fighters Can taxation curb obesity Why America believe evolution nine Bowbrook Jan brian death. physical spiritual eternally separate mankind God. Jesus Christ Creator loved much died cross paid download pictures faster rule given forbidden knowledge evil. just entered room tree. wanted. rule given forbidden knowledge evil. just entered room

UsFAQ MapAbout Copyright Reed Business Ltd. Not See in: Dutch French German Italian Spanish displayed tendency desire allowed browsed freely millions pages decided disobey. situation

to Questions Links Contact Access proposals Centre. Meole Brace Golf human jokes December Scientist Email Service Jan brian Column savior whom Father. faith required. As come better will. when more. NEXT: Are enough previous certain appeal women preferred sexual innuendo while play. Perhaps tells brain function. unclear stage Rutter uncover worlds funniest has found gags can more amusing those

New Venue venue river loop Football Stadium Oteley Road. May Old Give opinion Quarry Swimming Roman develop Museum Art Gallery Rowleys House What forum. also wish see Pages. AMby: buddy Big Issues More each Office

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:17 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Its carefully crafted faffle to get the email past your spam filter/guard or similiar.

many bulk/spam mail filters use rules that rank emails based on their content as to how likely they are to be spam, by carefully crafting the content to get a low score against the commonly used rules the email is more likely to end up in your inbox rather than filed under junk mail or deleted.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:04 pm 

I have a question for you... Why the heck are you opening that crap? !dodge

You're going to catch something doing that, go blind, and get hair on the palms of your hands,
or so I've been told :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:07 am 

Most of these messages are just attempts to sell you something, but if you are unlucky, your PC might just contract something really bad. I do not open anything with attachments, or anything with a source that is not familiar to me. The big problem, is that your friends can get infected and have their PC's turned into merciless zombie e-mail spammers, and if you open their mail, you get to be a zombie too. What a screwed up mess that can turn out to be.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:46 am 

I don't open it.. gmail shows the first sentence of all emails... so I always see this crap.. I just open a few now and then to gawk at this crap.. I know about the dangers.. but I use a mac iBook so I'm not too concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:05 am 

If you think you're immune from virii because you're on a mac, you're wrong. True _most_ attacks are against win32 but macos attacks exist so don't be too comfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:00 am 

Tx for the tip... crazy stuff spam.. I hear most of it is actually from asia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:09 pm 

what I don't get is why they even care to get these messages through to your inbox. This new crop of spam has absolutely no use. Those picture ones. That the content is a picture instead of text, and the sender/subject are always different. What could the use of these things possibly be? At least the old spam tried to sell you something, or give you a virus, or try to steal your money and such....but these are just gibberish and a picture of some bs stock thing....no links, story, nothing. What could the use of these things possibly be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:18 am 

Gooch could be some other payload that got stripped off by your ISP's AV solution and you're not seeing the whole thing. The original message may have had an attachment that was infected with some sort of payload.

All sorts of reasons, the images and text and what not is just to try and fool the basian technology into letting the message pass.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]