|Burial Grounds Forums
|ctfmon.exe gone for good. . .
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Commander Keen [ Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:47 am ]|
|Post subject:||ctfmon.exe gone for good. . .|
[color=#aaddff:61ff75d332]Finally found documentation on killing CTFMON process from running. (sticky if you want)
INFO: ctfmon.exe is part of the language bar that comes with Microsoft Office XP (2002) OR 2003.
I only need English and I don't want extended text support.
If you speak other languages than the default install language I don't recommend doing this.
1. First thing is fire up Add and Remove Programs control panel applet. (start+run+appwiz.cpl)
2. Find your version of MS Office (Yea I know about Open Office)
3. Select it and then click "Change"
4. Tick "Add or Remove Features" radio button.
5. Click the plus sign (+) next to Office Shared Features.
6. Click the drop down box next to Alternative User Input, and then select Not Available.
7. I also went into Office Tools and did the same thing for Language Settings Tool.
8. Click Update.
Now Remove Alternative User Input Services from Text Services
1. Open Regional and Language Options (start+run+intl.cpl)
2. On the "Languages" tab, click the "Details" button.
3. Highlight every item in the box, if the Remove button lights up click it.
hint: don't do this if you use voice commands on UT2004 BOTS)
4. Click Apply or OK, and then OK again to close Regional and Language Options cpl.
Now to unregister the DLL and stick a fork in CTFMON.EXE
1. Open a Command Prompt (CMD.EXE) Or use Start RUN if you wish.
2. cut and paste "Regsvr32.exe /u msimtf.dll" without the quotes.
3. press enter or Click OK (if you used the run menu).
4. Repeat 1, 2, and 3 on the DLL named Msctf.dll.
This applies to Windows XP and 2000 (maybe ME?)
MS KB Article q282599[/color]
|Author:||NECROSIS [ Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:39 am ]|
[color=#aaddff:ce06684e46]Finally! this is getting sticky hehe nice one Keen[/color]
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group