It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:05 pm 

I got hooked on Quake by a friend of mine who is the IT director at one of the local hospitals. One day he was up at my work and told me to come down that night to check things out. When I went there, I found him and 4 of his co workers in the middle of a major frag fest. He showed me this game called Quake 2. I was in awe and thought this is so fricking cool. All I had ever played was combat flight sims. This game Quake was so cool, that on the way home I stopped at the local wal mart and bought it. I remember that night cause I stayed up all night playing it! Than Q3 came out and I have been playing it ever since. I have played the others, but Q3 just has that "feel" I really enjoy. I stumbled upon the BG website one day and thought wow, what cool place. I joined in one night on the server and straight had my ass handed to me. Most of the time the when this happened (and it happened most of the time), the other players would start flaming me on what a crappy player I was. Not at the BG!!!! It was GG, Welcome, and so on. I was so impressed that I made myself a regular here. I have meet some great people here who have taken the time to teach me the finer points of the game. They have tweeked my config, and showed what to do it and what the effects are. I don't have to name any names, cause your names show up here over and over. Over the past year it seems Q3 has had a dropping off. What once was a nightly game or the morning frag fest (skraggy and company :)) has become once in awhile thing for me. With the arrival of Q4 next week, I can only hope that it will as good as we all hope. I look forward to, I hope, many nights of fragn' with the best bunch of people I have ever met!!!

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me, so throw me down, tie me up and show me how much u like me......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:13 pm 

If it wasnt for Felonious (RIP bro) I would of never touched a computer. Got hooked on Q3, and thats when my addiction started. I hope to regain my super mad skillz back and jump on the server to kick sum arse :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:01 pm 

holy crap it's TWIZ!

yo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:12 pm 

Bill Zebub wrote:
I always enjoyed the early sunday morning FFA's with Capn and Keen :)

I played mostly on my clan server before finding BG, I thought I was pretty good until my rude awakening :)

great players and great sports - ggs

Hey Bill! Long time no see. How are you doing??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:23 pm 

Ya!!!! Hiya Bill...sup man?:D

Doin' much fishing? I miss seeing your pics at Nucknuts and the Fragmart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:22 pm 

mmmmm.... memories.....

I used to work out of my home, which meant I could frag almost anytime. Initially it was over at the Anti-Clan ffa hpb server where I spent endless hours playing with Capn Jackal, Mikey, Satori, Guy with High Ping, Steve, Dark Magus (Schiz) and many others.

It was Mikey and Capn who introduced me to BG and the rest is history. I remember daytime fragfests with Captain and Apathetic and occaisionally Chaos.

I also had many intense, nearly chatless, 1v1's with someone named BLADE=OCI= without knowing it was really our very own Bladerunner.

Going to the BGLP's was a blast. It was fun to meet people in the flesh you had only know through an online fps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:53 pm 

rhogue islander wrote:
mmmmm.... memories.....

I used to work out of my home, which meant I could frag almost anytime. Initially it was over at the Anti-Clan ffa hpb server where I spent endless hours playing with Capn Jackal, Mikey, Satori, Guy with High Ping, Steve, Dark Magus (Schiz) and many others.

It was Mikey and Capn who introduced me to BG and the rest is history. I remember daytime fragfests with Captain and Apathetic and occaisionally Chaos.

I also had many intense, nearly chatless, 1v1's with someone named BLADE=OCI= without knowing it was really our very own Bladerunner.

Going to the BGLP's was a blast. It was fun to meet people in the flesh you had only know through an online fps.

Ahhh, those were the days my friend...
I also miss Blutarski's one liners!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:10 pm 

I remember the all nighters usually starting on Sat night till the Sun came up on Sunday morning,and usually the last 3 playing would be me smohq and wicc.
And we would try to end it on Yurch,that is my favorite map. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:17 pm 

Hiya Capn and V - yeah LTNS - Im doing good. Hope you guys are as well. V - I've been pounding the surf mainly this year - didnt splash my boat once - I've got a few nice bass off the surf so far this season - biggest went 18lbs :) the best is yet to come !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:24 am 

Great read. It's been a helluva ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:57 pm 

My intro to what we know now as PC gaming was Wolfenstein 3D. I thought it was so cool at the time. Then Doom, DoomII, Quake, QuakeII, and then, the Q3 Demo was released for download.
Man, that changed my life! My two friends at work and I set up our own private lan in our office and played each other every chance we got.
At the time, I couldn't get broadband where I lived, so I was occasionally going online from home and getting my ass whipped most of the time.
Then I found BG, and about 9 months later I got broadband on cable.
Man, I was stoked! Finally I had the means to go online and kick some ass, since I had all this experience from work!
To my surprise, it happened the other way - I was the one getting my ass kicked regularly, but by some of the most friendly people. People who would beat me 30 to -2, and say Good Game!
I remember a player named annoying bastard, who asked me what I had done to my config. I said nothing. He said I was doing very well, and proceeded to give me some good advice. Then late one night I was playing against DinkyDow and Little Foot. Dinky and I were about evenly matched, but Little Foot was killing both of us. After Dinky left, Little Foot started helping me with my config. She even gave me her ICQ, and we spent a few days (I couldn't believe how patient she was) setting up my config and tweaking it for the way I like to use the controls.
Since I am 60 years old, and my reflexes and eyesight aren't what they used to be, I still wasn't a great player, but this help she gave me made it a lot more enjoyable to play.
I also remember one night when a player was trouncing me, and started taunting me unmercifully. Usually, I'm pretty laid back, but this guy was a being a real prick, and finally I got fed up and typed back "I'm outta here",and started to leave the server. Skraggy was playing also, and he came to my defense and asked me to stay. Later I found out that he started a thread to try to get this guy banned from the server. The end result was that the player in question was allowed to stay, but he really toned down his act. Thank you Skraggy, you really showed me how nice most of the people are here, especially when I moved to Florida, and you invited me to your cookout at your Brother's house. My wife and I had a really good time that day.
Lastly, I remember the first time I won a match against some pretty good players on the BG server. I felt like I had really accomplished something that I never thought I would be able to do. What a great feeling it was , to see all the players who usually had the edge on me saying Good Game SPYDER.
To all of you who I have played against I say "Its been a pleasure meeting you online, and I wish I could meet you all in person to thank you for the good times I have had here".

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:33 pm 

Lets make some new memories :)

I remember running ASE at work just so I could watch the virtual sporting action and see who was beating who all day long....

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:08 am 

Been a while since i touched q3, but i remember having a blast on both "fc" and "bg" servers back in the glory days) People came and went, and so did I, but the majority of players here stayed true to the game and you could always go for a good bg ffa at ,pretty much, any time of the day. Now, i'm looking forward to q4 and see if it delivers the goods)

Some people knew me as f/c blade - d/p shadow. As with my other aliases, I don't think I could remember them all anyhow)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:10 am 

Howdy all.

It's good to read all the history and memories.

I believe there are some more of both to be made.

Rarrrrr!

Stranger OUT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:57 pm 

Well I have not been around as long as most of you have at BG... I remember messin with quake2 then did diablo2 ....... had a friend get me into quake3 arena
spent many nights in rocket arena getting my tail handed to me .... on dialup...... then I got cable and tried my hand at CTF which I liked alot and played nightly...... one night there was really nobody on and I chanced across the BG website....... got into the server and like most got my tail handed to me again....... and as some have said..... right away you noticed the caliber of the peeps you were fraggin ...... there was no major smacktalk..... profanity...... it was gg well done etc
I bookmarked and joined the site and returned daily after work each night ...... when it came time to frag I went too BG server only...... by this time I had given up Diablo2 completely..... and was pure quake3 fanatic.........
Working with fragbait for years in real life and being good friends I introduced him too BG as well as cakewalker and killzone........
I remember many nights with headsets on talkin to frag as we played against each other...... he was like I was when I came too BG..... he became a quite formidable opponent..... I still have good memories of the first night he beat me ..............
Quake3 was a journey to say the least..... it introduced me to the fact there are gamers who play to enjoy the game not exploit the game........ or ruin it for others......... I have went on to mmorpg's and spend most of my time in SWG ...... upholding the attitude I got from BG..... I respect my fellow players and try to treat them as I would like to be treated.... it don't always work that way but I try........
All in all BG is one of the best gaming sites out there........ it is the top of my list...... I see me buying quake4 and coming back....... miss the nights of fraggin til your eyes were closed and you were runnin into a corner lol.......

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next