It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: wow! It's been a minute!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:08 am 

Whats up guys! I still cannot believe i came across this place again!! Looks like most everyone is still here or found their way back \o/ I stumbled across this looking for jax_gator and im still amazed! Do any of you play quake live on steam? We have a good community going there at the Madhouse. 4 servers, a forum and fb page. We also started having friendly for the fun tourneys with good prizes. So many good times on these servers and i was so bad but yall tolerated me anyways!!

I have long retired this name and mostly play as some form of Death on steam. If any of you still play ql please feel free to catch up with us there. A good group of people and dedicated smooth servers.
http://madhouseservers.com/
My steam profile, feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198222630612/
We have a few maps from here that someone released to the workshop and plan to add more. Does anyone have stand alone versions of earth, water, ect.. Most players cba to download a whole map pack off the server and steam complicates that. Our admin can just convert the maps to ql and put them on the server, skipping the workshop all together.

Look forward to seeing any of you there and i will be coming here often now that i found ya guys :)

Tombstoner / stownr / ^4ƊƐ₳┼Ҥ

Post subject: Re: wow! It's been a minute!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm 

I just fired up Q3 and had some funky menu issues. I googled it and none other that ^4ƊƐ₳┼Ҥ had the answer to my problem in a Steam post. Related to mouse settings. Weird how people cross paths...and here you are posting againg, lol..welcome back! I added you on Steam. I don't play much these days, but I fire up Quake Live on occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:47 am 

Yeah man! Glad to help. There is a lot that has changed with the updated code from q3. I saw you added me, thanks man. Come and play anytime. Do you know a way to get bgmp8 as a stand alone pk3? We would love to convert that to work in ql. So many great maps came out of these walls :) I cannot seem to find jax, any idea what happened to him?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:31 pm 

No easy way really. You'd have to pull the bsp out along with it's files (bot, textures, sounds, scripts, etc) and repack it as a pk3. I haven't heard from Jax in ages.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:07 pm 

Yeah i wouldn't know how to accomplish that if i were to try. It's his work so i wouldn't try it without his permission anyways, but thanks for the info. I guess if they wanna play the maps it will have to be as a pack d/l. All of the .pk3's have to be converted to work in QL as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

stownr! Glad you made it!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]