It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Bought a new rig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:01 am 

http://imgur.com/DKsyU

finally get to play Portal 2 and Duke Nukem that I bought four months ago lol.
I have to check out Tribes: Ascend right?
Any other suggestions? Won't do Skyrim.

Post subject: Re: Bought a new rig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:29 pm 

Hi Livid! Congrats - looks like a nice setup.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is on my list of the top five of greatest games I have ever played.

I am now playing it through for the third time because of the choices they give you for how to play the game. Kill every enemy in sight, or sneak around and stealth kill them, or go completely non lethal, but keep some lethal weapons in your inventory to take down your enemies in the boss fights.

It is available on Steam for a great price (I would recommend the Augmented Edition, because of the extras you get, and also the Missing link add on)

The graphics are semi realistic, but the story line, and all of the places, items, upgrades, combinations, and consequences of your actions ensure that you could play it unlimited times, and find something new every time, not to mention that it is possible to experience four different endings, that are all very believable as far as the path that current technology could take us in the near future.

In my latest play through, I discovered that I could hack the security turrets that the enemy places in various areas, and turn them against my enemies, greatly increasing my chances of survival, and that I could carry one of them from one area to another to protect me, even taking it on an elevator to another floor with me (of course, I had to think about what I had to purchase with my experience points to achieve this ability) The game has so many choices to make, that they are almost unlimited.

The weapons available in the game are amazing also, ranging from stun guns and tranquilizer rifles, to heavy rifles and rocket and grenade launchers, grenades, mines, emp devices, and weapon upgrades. In all, there are at least 24 different weapons that you can choose from, with lethal and non lethal properties, but you can not carry all of them in your inventory, so you have to make the choice of what to carry, depending on how you are playing the game.

IMHO, this game is a must play for anyone who has played pc games for a long time. It has captured my attention as much as the original Doom and Quake did.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:02 pm 

Nice! how will this free video card update work? Is there documentation that came with it about the details around that?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 am 

Currently lost in Skyrim. Trying to get 1 quest done a night. I think I might be done with the game in 6 years :) Also been getting into Team Fortress 2 a bit more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 pm 

Commander Keen wrote:
Nice! how will this free video card update work? Is there documentation that came with it about the details around that?

It was a free upgrade from a 1GB vid card to a 2GB. Although I am wondering if I will need more than 700w on the power supply because of this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:15 pm 

@ SPYDER. I believe I even get a free d/l of Deus Ex with my purchase. I have to call the company on Monday anyways so I will confirm.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]