It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My new gaming PC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 am 

I've purchased half a dozen Antec 300's, they have the ps mounted at the bottom of the case and come with two 120mm fans mounted at the top rear and back of the case where the cpu cooler is located. This results in a very quiet and cool setup, i must say i like the layout very much, the antec 300's typically can be found for abut $50.00, a very nice price

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:51 pm 

Nice I like the LaserJet III classic piece of hardware.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:06 pm 

Thanks for noticing that, Keen.

My 32 year career with the phone company in Washington D.C. centered around the installation, repair and maintainence of data receiving and transmission devices, starting with the old mechanical Teletype equipment, and later the corporate lans , pc repair, T1, T3, and fiber, and the responsibility for much of the activity at the Verizon Hub in Washington.

During my career, I had the pleasure of doing work for the phone company at every government agency in Washington, including Nasa, CIA, FEMA, FBI, Justice Dept, Senate, House of Representatives, and the White House. Also many embassies and businesses in the city.

The last five years of my career were spent at a shop where we would completely refurbish HP and Lexmark laser and inkjet printers, and all types of PC's. We also ordered parts for field technicians in 6 states, and Washington, D.C. along with providing tech support to the techs if they had a problem they couldn't handle.

When I retired, I purchased the printer shown here, because it is an example of one of the most reliable printers HP ever made. (of course, I made sure that it was like new).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Does that system really sit directly on the carpet? Or do you have some insulator between the carpet and your case? The reason I ask is I've seen my fair share of fried PSU's and various other components due to static discharge from a carpet. I have my pc sitting on a file cabinet cart. It's nice because not only does it lift it off the ground a few inches, it also allows me to roll it away from the wall without causing static. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:19 pm 

I have always, with a very few exceptions, not worried about placing my equipment on the carpet. And to the best of my knowledge, I have never had a problem that was caused by static electricity.

But, I have always lived in areas with mild winters and high humidity, as opposed to whee you live. I can imagine that there are many months there with low humidity and a lot of static discharges.

But your solution of using a file cabinet cart sounds like something that would be a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:02 am 

My 90's retro case sits on a piece of 2x10 greenboard.

edit: which just sits on the carpet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 pm 

Looks nice spyder....Real nice

I am no longer working where I was working...finally got out of that mess this past Monday.That job was really stressing me out bigtime. Not sure what I want to do next for work, for now I think I want to get back into construction, that is what I enjoyed most.

Havent heard from you in quite a while, but still think of you and wish that you are doing well.

I still need to get all of my maps into the new computer here, now that I have a little more time, I will probably start working on that.

Maybe see you all soon in game. I saw the post on the fnff, I will try to make one of those in the next couple of weeks. I am sure my pb will need a bunch of updates and maps, so make sure that server downloads are on.

ttys...Frank

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2