It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Gravatar your Avatar...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

If you are like me and have accounts at a few different websites or forums, you should check out Gravatar.com. Basically, you upload your avatar to gravatar.com, and any website that supports gravatars will automatically show your avatar on their website. Your "gravatar" is linked to your email address, so whatever email addy that you use to sign up for websites and forums must be the same across all sites as well as linked to gravatar.com. I've been using them for a long time for my avatar, and I use them on the new burial-grounds.com website as well. It's the most efficient way to carry your web image with you. Check it out, and if you create an account there and on the new burial-grounds.com website, use the same email address, and you'll see your avatar automatically. Pretty cool!

I'm going to be adding gravatar support to these forums soon too, but it wont change your current avatar unless you want it too. There will be an option added to your personal profile. I'll post an update when that happens, for those interested in taking advantage of the system.

Post subject: Re: Gravatar your Avatar...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

So, I added the Gravatar function to the boards tonight. If you have a gravatar account, you can go to your profile, click on "profile", then "edit avatar", and you will see a check-box to use your gravatar. If your email address here and at gravatar.com are the same, then your gravatar will show here in the forums. I'm not sure if animated gifs work, but I guess you could try.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]