It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Vintage Frags ? Keen? Spyder ? Herb ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:49 pm 

Hey Blade:

You were playing great last night. Too bad you couldnt stay longer. A player from europe jumped in, along with another from Texas, so we had four including me. We played some clan arena matches until about 1 am. When I left they were still going at it.

Lots of fun.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:08 pm 

BladeRunner wrote:
Skraggy - whats the exact diagnosis ?  Sounds like you were over and now they have you locked at under.

Graves Disease. Look it up, it is pretty nasty if not taken care of.

I still get some double vision also, so if we are fraggin somewhere, and I keep shooting the wall next to you, you know why :)

[color=#0000BF][font=][size=150]~Retired~[/size][/font][/color]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:47 am 

Thats bizarre.  On the one hand it sounded really awful and I felt very bad for someone to have that, then I could not make out what the exact eye problems were and looked at the full symptom and I might experience half of those on any given day.  It definately does not sound like there are a lot of remedies and they were mentioning the eyes again.  My eyesight has gone to shit but thats probably from taking vyvance which I needed post-hospital when I felt tired and needing a nap daily about 1:00 PM.  I need to taper off the v and see if it goes away.  Is there a dead give away for Graves?  One condition you can count on ?  Taking 120 mg of prednisone can cause just about anything.

Hope there is some good news for you, have you gotten any better or just an even switch on symptoms ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:49 am 

SPYDER wrote:
Hey Blade:

You were playing great last night. Too bad you couldnt stay longer. A player from europe jumped in, along with another from Texas, so we had four including me. We played some clan arena matches until about 1 am. When I left they were still going at it.

Lots of fun.

Beers were kicking in, I never wandered back. Got my daughter now that its weekend so no beer and will be look for frags, early around 6:00 am and mid-day.

So who was I playing ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:16 am 

If the name was _ (yes, thats right, _ ), I think he is the one from Texas.

Tonight is was newbie, Leandro, and g1obpsy.

They all had high pings, so I am guessing they are not in the USA.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:28 pm 

BladeRunner wrote:
Thats bizarre.  On the one hand it sounded really awful and I felt very bad for someone to have that, then I could not make out what the exact eye problems were and looked at the full symptom and I might experience half of those on any given day.  It definately does not sound like there are a lot of remedies and they were mentioning the eyes again.  My eyesight has gone to shit but thats probably from taking vyvance which I needed post-hospital when I felt tired and needing a nap daily about 1:00 PM.  I need to taper off the v and see if it goes away.  Is there a dead give away for Graves?  One condition you can count on ?  Taking 120 mg of prednisone can cause just about anything.

Hope there is some good news for you, have you gotten any better or just an even switch on symptoms ?

To start, it is rare for a male to get this disease. The most noticable for others to recognize this, would be protruding eye's. I have had Dr's tell me that they knew what I had just by looking at my eye's. The other one, would be the weight loss. When I first got this, I dropped like 30lbs over 2 weeks,and my eye's were not that bad at first,It took lots of bloodwork and tests to nail down exactly what it was. Then the Dr that I was seeing at the time could not believe it, since there is no trace or history of this in my family,and that I was a male.

Right now, I just need to keep taking the synthroid, If I miss a couple of days, which I tend to do sometimes, I get all out of whack. Then it takes a couple of weeks to get somewhat back to normal. That is where I am now, I ran out of meds, and had no refills, and went 4 days without taking any. I finally got in touch with my Dr. and he just told me to go to the pharmacy, and get an emergency supply...I didnt know that they did that or I would have done that the day that I ran out.

A sure way for your Dr to tell, would be a blood test and checking your TSH and T4 levels. I would wish this on no one, it has been a rough road over the past few years. Like I mentioned, they tried at first to leave some of my thyroid intact, but it came back harder the second time, and they rushed me into the hospital to kill my thyroid. Even taking the synthroid, my levels went so out of whack again. I am a 1 in a few million with the way that this attacked me. It sux...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:18 am 

I feel for you bother.

OTOH we had a director of security - 43 years old, out drinking on the utah border last weekend and offed himself in the cool rapids.  Embarrassing.

I was living in ohio right out of school and was engrossed in coke binges when I realized this would be a horrible way to exit, a horrible thing to do to my parents.  I quit my job, moved back to chicago and entered aviation.  2 friends from my home town are dead from aviation.  However its a respectable way to go.

You and me my friend are suffering from living past the age of combat.  More fun stuff to come but its the price of admission to live past 21.  Your younger than myself so it will seem quite unfair anyway.

Imagine going blind ?  I'll take death over that but put me in that situation with a child still growing and I would embrace it.

Anyway you look at it - 90% it sucks, 10% your feeling lucky to still be in the world.  Hopefully you can master the meds and stay on top of it and get more out of life.  I have been thru a dark period for 3 years now post-divorce, on a treadmilll to make money paying my ex $4000.00 per month alimony while rescuing my daughter and not really taking care of myself as far as mental-floss goes.  It felt like nothing good was ever going to come my way again.  But thats finally changing, everything in my life is blooming, heck even my ex is doing everything she can to work with me, co-parenting and is turning to me for guidance as she faces the end of my financial support.  I don't even want to put it back together but its good to be friends again, good to try and help her along while making lots of friends and enjoying life.

I hope this is happening for you or is just around the corner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 pm 

I feel more than 90-10, I feel 100% lucky to still be here at this point.

Those are some pretty nice words you put together there my friend, I appreciate them very much.

My moment of realization was at 15 years of age, living in the suburbs of Philly...The drugs,gangs,people I was hanging out with.....it had to go, I look a brief look at my future and saw a blank slate. That is when I picked up and moved to Florida....ahhh, a fresh start,new friends,not as many or as toxic drugs,though living in not so good of quarters, I have built myself to be a great person, and have helped many people along the way. Now I live in a very nice house that is mine,have nice vehicles,lotsa toys(jetskis and such),a woman that loves me and keeps me on the right path as far as mind and medicine go. We both make very good $$$, so money is never a subject that we stumble upon...there is always plenty in the bank for whatever we want to do. I have lots of friends, Spyder being one of them. I do not get to see him that much, but he is very good people. I have many friends that have fallen by the wayside,that I have lost touch with,only because I had so many friends that I could not keep up with them all. I have a few freinds that have been around, and have been by my side for over 20 years here...I respect them , and would do anything in the world for them, along with my family, they are by far , the foremest important, and could have every penny in my bank if asked. Financially, I have grown my family,helped them get what they needed in order to succeed,and they have taken it and learned from me.

Enough of that, thank you again for the kind words, If you ever find yourself down here in Tampa/St.Pete area, either get in touch with myself or Nick(Spyder), and we will take care of you while you are here.

Thanks again for the kind words.....and I wish you well.

I am only 42, I am not sure of your age, but would assume that you are not too far from that.

Last edited by skraggy on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm 

Thats sounds awesome!  Yes I am 45 and two guys I work with just returned from a week long seminar in Tampa.

We simply have to enjoy what we have left in life and sounds like you have all the toys.  Funny though how my toys did not bring me near the happiness, or bring me such an improved outlook that helping others does.  Seems to be something built into us all.  A life of self-interest is only so satisfying but leading the way and offering a helping hand to those who need it makes us feel that we have become who we are supposed to be.

I roar around on my motobike and its fun, but then a friend drops by with his nephew from up the street with the giant home on the lake only mommy and daddy have been divorcing for years.  I took him for a ride on the motorbike and could tell it was his first time as he did not hang on.  I told him to interlock his fingers in front of my gut and hang on.  Introducing him to fast bikes was quite a bit more fun that riding by myself, still enjoy taking my daughter which is why I kept the bike.

Its going to be a great summer.  Your outlook sounds great, very grateful glass half-full mentality.  I really like reading the Dali Llama's 'The Art Of Happiness'. Seems to put my perspective right on track.

Cheers

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2