It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Welcome to the new forums!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:38 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everyone, I just wanted to welcome you all to the new burial-grounds.com / dmschaos.com forums. I hope everyone enjoys the new look and functionality of the new place. I'm integrating these forums with my blog as well as transitioning the old burial-grounds.com forums to this location. Everyone who had an account at burial-grounds.com has been tranfered to these new forums. So you should be able to simply log in with your current burialgrounds username and password. Your avatar and signature should be in tact, as well as much of your previous personal profile.

I really tried hard to get all of the previous forum threads transfered to this new forum, however it just wasnt working out as well as I had hoped. I did manage to get close to 4,000 posts to make the move, so unless you are looking for a topic/thread that is over 365 days old, you should be able to find what you are looking for.

Your username and password will also work at my blog site as it is now sharing the same user database as these forums. If you want to log in there and reply to my posts, you can use the same username and password that you have here.

If you find any bugs, have any suggestions, or simply want to give me some feedback, it's always very much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the new forums!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:42 pm 

Thanks, Chaos:

It looks like I got all choked up and teary eyed for nothing (other than the thought that I might lose the connection to the cool people who visit the Burial-Grounds and post here, and the opportunity to maybe help them in some small way, or just express my ideas.)

Looking back on all that has been expressed by everyone who has posted on this forum over the many years it has existed, even if I had never joined, or made a connection to anyone here, or even posted one comment, I still would have become a better person just by reading the posts.

Here's to all of the memories, good and bad, (99.9% good), and to all of the memories to come in the future, thanks to you!

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:59 am 

Thanks Chaos!!!

Quote:
It looks like I got all choked up and teary eyed for nothing
  LOL, Me too!!

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me, so throw me down, tie me up and show me how much u like me......

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:58 pm 

hah you guys can't loose me that easy ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:45 am 

Howdy.

Sometimes...you just have to check in on old amigos.

Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:01 pm 

Sad to see the change, but I'm glad your still going.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:00 am 

I turn away for a second (ok, ok, a few months/years), and you try and hide from me.  What's up with that, eh? ;D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:11 am 

Damn, just went through your 'Burial Grounds tribute page'.  Did that bring back some memories.  Got to the map "Petty Larceny" by Felonious, and it hit me that here was a guy I used to converse with/play with, and he's no longer here.  Too many good times/good people to list, way to many.  I drifted away from the Quake scene a few years ago, but would always check in on good ol' BG.  Sorry to see it go, but it's time was up, eh?  Chaos, I can't thank you enough for all your hard work with this site, my time here chatting and playing with everyone is time I will truely cherish.

Somebody, anybody, please, PLEASE call me '40' for old times sake!  :'(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

FOURTY!

hehe, can we even still call you that?!?! lol!

Really good to see you, let's not be such a stranger anymore eh? The burial-grounds website will likely be gone for awhile, but these forums will remain for as long as I can maintain them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:36 am 

Hey 40

Well, the Burial Grounds has been replaced by the dms.Forum, but everyone who comes to the old site will be directed here, and dmschaos has kept the majority of the logins and passwords for us in effect, so come back often and you will see that the original object of the site is still to be a place where you can express your ideas and connect with both the past and the future.

Nice to see you here again.

Come back soon, and if you want to play feldm1 again, and all of the BG mappak maps, load up Q3 and come to my server (spyderweb at 63.211.110.56:27960) If you need the maps, go to the link dmschaos has on his blog, or just go to http://spyderweb.clanservers.com and download them from my ftp server.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and howdy to you too The Stranger!!! I didnt even see your post earlier! Nice to see you, what's new?!?!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:57 am 

I wondered who you waz calling "Stranger"...snicker.

I'm doing ok.

On a five year contract making good money...so I should be able to ride out the economic weirdness that is currently going on.

Still Divorced- been through a few girlfriends since I last posted, but haven't seen fit to get married again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:48 pm 

Well, the address may have changed but I'm very glad to see all the "regulars", or in some of our cases the "irregulars"  :D, are still here! Thanks for providing a venue for us yet again Ch@os.... it is greatly appreciated!

Like 'Forty and a few others, I haven't fired up any of the Quakes in awhile. My latest gaming addiction, when I can find the time, is CoD4. I do see a few of you in xFire every now and then. My xFire name is rarevos (not much of a revelation, huh?).

I, for one, will admit that I'm happy that the focus of our latest haunt is more than just ETQW, since I never really got into it past the demo releases.

Again, thanks for keeping this great community alive!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]