It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: dms.Blog and You!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

##EDIT##
The transfer of dmschaos.com is complete, it should resolve for everyone now. If you had the alternate domain (dmschaos.falconpages.com) linked, it will no longer work and you must update your links! Thanks!
##/END EDIT##

I want to invite all my Burial-Grounds brethern to join me at my new blog site, http://www.dmschaos.com .

This is my new home, and I would love it if everyone who is a member here could join me over there. I've had an "online" existence for about 14yrs now, and never really bothered to blog about it. Well, seeing as I've really lost all ambition for most of my other web projects, it seemed natural that I should blog about the other things I do in life.

My plan is to just write about whatever stirs my emotions at the time. Most if it will still likely be about gaming, some of it politics, a little sports and even some insight on my family. I dont feel the constraints of posting just about gaming, or quake more specifically like I always did here at Burial-Grounds...so I have a lot more ambition and interest in posting at my blog. At least, that's the plan. It's still very early in development, but I wanted to give you guys the first look and oppertunity to register. I'd love to see all of you there and hopefully get some feedback. I have forums set up, something I initially wasnt going to do, however with my "[link=http://www.burial-grounds.com/quakewars/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?12992.lastl]state of burial-grounds[/link]" post, I decided it would be important to have them, if only for you guys who still linger at this all but dying website.

So, please...give it a look, register your name and post me a message in the forums to let me know you care :)

If you've read my state of burial-grounds post (linked above), then you know that at some point (probably sooner then later) I plan to archive this website. These forums here may or may not remain open during that time period..I'm not quite sure how to handle that yet. I do know that once that time period has ended, the burial-grounds.com domain will simply point to my new blog domain. I mainly want to do that to keep the domain away from somone who would love nothing more then to park it on some advertising website. It's also important for me at least, that I dont have this site just lingering here. It would be a lot sadder for me (and it already kind of is) to have it sitting here with no updates, no community and no future to be had, then to just have it forward to my blog where at least I know people who still want to find us, can and will.

But, I digress. I hope you'll check out dmschaos.com and become a member. I'm looking forward to your registration and feedback!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:16 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Alright! The transfer of the dmschaos.com domain and files is complete! If you had the alternate domain linked (dmschaos.falconpages.com), you will need to update your links as that will no longer work.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:37 pm 

I tried to register, but it said 'no answer given to the math question'.

I'm guessing this is some sort of safeguard to prevent either bots or people who suck at math from registering on your blog.

Anyway, I don't see the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 pm 

Click on Forums and then the green button with the little red cross in it for Register. I had the same problem trying to register off the main page. Was really ticking me off until i poked around the site. Password will be emailed to you. Havent gotten mine yet but its only been a few minutes. Cya there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

hrm, I was no aware of this issue Storm...I will work on that right away.

Hey OLDOOD, I see that you registered, did you get your email confirmation yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:26 am 

I think that StormShadow hit it on the head when he said that it was there to foil bot registrations.

That is a good thing to have, maybe you should leave it in place after all, even though it can be a pain if you don't answer the question and spend 10 minutes or so to try to post, only to get your post deleted because you haven't answered the math question, like I did last night - LOL

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:07 pm 

[quote1204121203=dmschaos]
hrm, I was no aware of this issue Storm...I will work on that right away.

Hey OLDOOD, I see that you registered, did you get your email confirmation yet?
[/quote1204121203]

No Sir I have not received it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:41 pm 

still havent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

hrm, SUMOLDOOD, can you PM me the email address you used to sign up? I"ll try and fix it asap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:12 am 

[quote1204593097=dmschaos]
hrm, SUMOLDOOD, can you PM me the email address you used to sign up? I"ll try and fix it asap.
[/quote1204593097]
Pineapple Marmalade has been sent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 am 

I registered with no probs and received the confirmation email the next day.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]