It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: It's good to be back! Now I need your help!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

As I'm sure most of you noticed, Burial-Grounds was offline for about a week. This was due to some major problems with my webhost. It was a good ride for about 3 years, but the relationship with that host has dissolved, their server has died and not come back, and it's time for us to move on.

In order to ensure that this doesnt happen again, I've moved Burial-Grounds to a much more reliable, respectable and quite frankly, expensive host. What I have gained (hopefully) is the stability and reliablilty I think the site deserves. I've also gained the ability to host game servers at will, as well as gained enough hdd space and bandwidth to host just about any download we could ever need to host. This has also afforded me the ability to host a Quake Wars beta server which will be online sometime today and continue to be up and running for the entire beta cycle.

All this has come at quite a surmountable expense (at least it is for me), one that if I had put a lot more thought in to it, might have chickened out and reconsidered. I just believe that this community, however much it has grown, dissolved and resurfaced, deserves better then what I've been able to supply in the past. In order for me to keep this boat afloat thoug, I really need some help. I've tried some things in the past to help keep the costs minimal for me, but they (ads) dont work and are annoying, for me and you. So, I'm simply going to put up a little paypal donate button on the site, and will hope some of you put it to some use. I hope that as I expand the features here, support the Quake Wars community, support this community and hopefully run some kick ass servers on the new dedicated server, that it will make it worthwhile to donate to the cause.

Without furthar ado, I give you some paypal donation options below. You can choose to make a onetime donation of different monetary values, or you can choose to join a subscription which will make a small donation monthly. Either way, every penny will be put directly in to keeping this site on it's current webhost for as long as I can afford to keep it there.

You do not need a paypal accnt to donate. There is a link on that page if you choose to use a credit card. If you are uncomfortable with either option and still want to donate, just send me a PM and let me know what other option you have in mind.
DONATE BUTTON ANY VALUE

$25 DONATE BUTTON

$50 DONATE BUTTON

$10 SUBSCRIPTION BUTTON

$20 SUBSCRIPTION BUTTON

CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION  BUTTON

I don't have much in place to offer those who show their support for Burial-Grounds, other then my determination to continue to work hard on this site and on the servers, and that warm fuzzy feeling you'll have inside for being such a good person! ;)

If you do make a donation, you can send me a PM or an email to let me know, and I can set you up with your own burial-grounds.com email address and assign you to an exlusive "supporters" group on this website, which I'll use to offer more features as I add them. I dont have a real gameplan in place just yet, but I do want to show my appreciation for those who can help out.

I understand it's not possible for everyone to donate, if it was the site would be self sufficient and I could worry a hell of a lot less! :) So dont feel obligated or bad if you cant/dont donate. I'm a pretty proud person myself, and even having to ask for this help is fairly humbling. I wont likely ask again, I'll simply add a page when I have time to make it easier for people to find and might make a quick note of it when it's up. So, I'll leave it up to the community to decide to find and use it. I hope some do.

Last edited by dmschaos on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]