It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC 73
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:02 am 

Tito is goin' down!!!! !dev1

Friends are comin' over! with lots of beer and good food!
FUN FUN FUN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

mmmmm....beeeeeeer....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I watched it, as I do every UFC. Here is my fight by fight analysis...

Heath Herring Vs. Antonio Rodrigo
Heath clearly should have won this fight in the first round. IMO the ref should have called the fight when Antonio went down with that kick then got pummeled like 5 times in a row before he lifted his arms. I have no idea why they a) didnt call the fight and b) why they didnt show the replay of him getting pummled. (probably due to point a) The ref was at fault, but Heath didnt do himself any favors from that point forward. Looked to me like he was so gased that he couldnt mount any offense from that point forward. Too bad, I was rooting for him.

Hermes Franca Vs. Sean Sherk
This was the best fight of the night IMO. I think Sean Sherk is a beast, and can hold his title for a long time. This was a very technical fight, but also a showing of brute force by Sherk. I couldnt believe people were booing, I thought it was a great fight. Sherk was dominating, but he didnt take any unnecessary chances with Franca, who happens to be a great fighter and very dangerous on the ground. It wasnt the blood and guts the so called "fans" in the audience wanted, but it was a great fight none-the-less.

Rashad Evans Vs. Tito Ortiz
Ok, so this is what should have been the fight of the night...it just didnt live up to it's billing. I thought Tito pretty much had the fight in control all night, right up until the last 10 seconds of the fight when Rashad finally gets a take down. I dont know how the judges give him the round for that. Tito made a stupid mistake grabbing the cage which cost him the win. I was hoping for more though. I like Tito a lot, but lately he hasnt really shown me much. Rashad is definitely a tough guy, but Tito should have outclassed him imo.

Nate Marquardt Vs. Anderson Silva
Well, this one I'll have to watch again. I was pretty hammered by the time this fight started. I like Anderson Silva, I think he's probably one of the best strikers in the UFC, so it was no surprise to me that he won. I'm having a hard time remembering this one though, so no real good commentary here...haha

Alvin Robinson Vs. Kenny Florian
I'm a big Kenny Florian fan, and I was happy to see him fight again. I dont think I've seen him fight since he lost to Sherk for the first Lightweight title fight. He's a hometown favorite (being from Boston and all), and a well rounded fighter. No surprises here to see him back on the winning side.

Now, I paid what..40 bucks to see this, and is it just me or did i miss some fights? These three fights were mentioned at the end of the night, and they are shown on the UFC page, but I certainly didnt see them...did they show them after the Robinson/Florian fight? I went to bed after that fight, but it was looking like they were wrapping the show up so I assumed they were not going to show the undercards like they do when things end a little early...

Chris Lytle Vs. Jason Gilliam
I would have liked to have seen this, I like Lytle.

Mark Bocek Vs. Frank Edgar
Didnt miss much here I assume, but still...

Diego Saraiva Vs. Jorge Gurgel
This was probably a good fight...again, how did I miss it?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]