It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: What I Love about ETQW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:43 am 

The games within the game. The rock/papers/scissors aspect. Every move can be countered. Infantry, Vehicles, Artillery..all can be countered. Everything that counters them...can be countered. Love it. I love the drawn out cat and mouse games so far. The 5 minute matches suck.

I really like how I can play a class like Engineer and have choices. I can go straight for the EMP to build it. Or I can build towers, place deployables and repair deployables. I can run around setting up devilish prox mines :D I can straight out deathmatch and not do anything my class is useful for (not recommended :o). I can jump in a vehicle and rampage around.

I've spent about 20 hours playing so far and the games are always different. Sometimes GDF can't get past the EMP stage. Sometimes they rampage through the map. Sometimes they get the EMP buillt in 2 mintues, but spend 18 minutes trying to blow the sewer grate. Two battles raging at the same time. One where the strogg are trying to retake the Spillway. The other in the building at the sewer gates and controls. Both totally crucial fights. Keeps the match very interesting past the first objective.

I've barely played the Soldier or Infiltrator classes. I haven't spent much time in the vehicles yet and I'm not even close to bored with Sewers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yah man, every game is different. I love trying new things...although, I mainly stick with the Engineer class right now.

We need to find a server to take over until I can get one up and running myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:05 am 

Finko:

That is a great narrative on the game as I see it so far.
Have you tried being an Engineer and jumping into the tank, and retreating when you sustain damage, jumping out of it and repairing it to rejoin the battle with full health?

Being a medic is interesting also, since you can call in supplies when you run out, or help your team mates take an objective by healing them as quickly as possible to get them back into the fight (the only thing that is hard is to avoid the enemy while you are doing it - lol)

You are right on about the games always being different. The skill and experience level of your opponents really matters, as well as their ability to recognize what is happening and take action to suppress your team.

The only downside that I have experienced, is that the Strogg seem to have a slight advantage in the game, but I guess that is probably intentional, since they have to defend their position.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:25 am 

I seem to have a lot more success in firefights when I'm strogg. Not sure if the broken netcode affects GDF more than Strogg, or if the Strogg weapons are overpowered. Or maybe it's just me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:54 am 

That is exactly what I noticed. The Strogg seem to have the advantage, which makes it very important for the GDF to use good strategy to defeat them.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:29 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Think the strogg weapons tend to be slightly less affected by the bugged netcode/prediction - the hyperblaster you can abuse quite a bit and still get decent accuracy and hit registry whereas the GDF machinegun counterpart is very hard to get hits with.

ImageImage

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]