It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:19 am 

I play on a viewsonic 22'' wide at 1050by1680 and its running great on high settings. I have a 7900gto running sli on a asus board with a core2duo and 2 gigs of nice ram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:31 am 

It's very addictive and I don't know why, because honestly I usually don't enjoy this type of game.

But even on a server tonight where no one would ready up I couldn't force myself to leave. BLOTTO and Spyder were there. It was fun.

So if we ever have a server nix the warm up period please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:35 am 

you broke before I did Commander hahaha !popey gg!
I am going to have HIT F3 fashbacks in my dreams tonight !fub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:06 pm 

The warmups are fun, but that crap where it lasts 5 minutes at times is really annoying. 45 seconds to 1 minute should be fine for everyone to pick their class, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:40 pm 

[quote1184517546=Finko]
The warmups are fun, but that crap where it lasts 5 minutes at times is really annoying. 45 seconds to 1 minute should be fine for everyone to pick their class, etc.
[/quote1184517546]

We where in warm up for over 2 hours Finko !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:00 pm 

After you guys left last night, I finally figured out how to place the turrets.

I placed an anti vehicle turret near the first GDF spawn point on top of the hill near some trees to kinda hide it, and pointed it toward the main road leading out of the Strogg base.

It took out three strogg vehicles, just like it is supposed to.

The deployment is very cool to watch, with the transport plane flying over, and dropping it by parachute to the position I chose for it. The only fault I can see in this process, is the time it takes to deploy it. It could be a little shorter.

I can see that if someone was being directed by another person acting as a scout, this feature could be a very effective way to make an advance on the enemy, by neutralising their armor.

Very cool.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:56 pm 

yea and when you're that class there's a grenade you can throw that calls in and air strike and the scope I think calls in a barrage from those turrets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:45 pm 

[quote1184539465=Commander Keen]
yea and when you're that class there's a grenade you can throw that calls in and air strike and the scope I think calls in a barrage from those turrets.
[/quote1184539465]

nope, a jet flys over for the barrage, the turrets are triggered by whatever they are set up against.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:08 am 

ah cool, still learning as I go. Most of y'all had a 2 week jump start on me. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:10 pm 

Engineers/Constructors can setup Anit-Vehicle, Anti-Infantry or Anti-Artillery turrets. So, basically defensive turrets.

Field Ops/Opressors can setup a few different types of artillery deployables. One can be described as an area of effect artillery, where it basically just pounds a large area randomly with artillery. You aim this with the Eye Laser thing. This type of artillery can be intercepted by the enemies Artillery Interceptor if they have one up.

Another type of artillery (Rocket or Plasma), will lock onto a specific target and deliver more precise strikes. Good for taking down the Walkers, Tanks or even flyers. You aim that with the Eye Laser thingy too. I'm not sure if the enemy Artillery Interceptor can defend against this. I haven't seen it happen.

The 3rd type of Field Ops deployables are the Hammer and Dark Matter Cannon. These basically deliver one huge strike to wherever you target the Eye Laser. This type of artillery can be intercepted by the enemies Artillery Interceptor if they have one up.

You can only have one deployable up at any given time, but you also have the Airstrike marker available to use, should you see a prime opportunity. This is known as the Violator Beacon on the strogg side. The Violator airstrike is one of the cooler effects I've seen in any game :D Throw the grenade and an airstrike will sweep across the land. I've watched a Violator roll a tank over already, lol. Was fun stuff :D

You are limited by a cooldown between airstrikes/artillery strikes. Obviously, this to prevent the class from turning into a spamming machine.

Should your aritillery deployable become damaged or disabled, you have 2 options. Replace it with a new piece or wait for an Engineer to repair it. If it's out of the way, you're usually better of replacing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:14 pm 

And how bout you guys post some damn pics ;) That one on the front page is getting a little stale :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

heh, I agree...the front page image is getting stale. I'll be replacing it soon...some submissions would be nice though!

BTW, I think the plasma cannon is way overpowered. The distance and area which it can target and lock on to a target is way too big IMO. I had a plasma cannon shooting me from the second Strogg spawn location all the way to the first bridge near the GDF base. And not matter how far away I drove, the plasma shots were still nailing me. Not to mention the recharge seems way too short. As soon as I died, I would spawn, grab the next available vehicle, drive out of the gdf base and immediately get bombarded. I didnt see that as being all that fair. I couldnt even get close enough to disable it...especially without any airstrike capabilities for the GDF on that map :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:10 pm 

I agree that a lot of the Strogg weapons are more powerful than the GDF weapons. But they are from another planet, and are supposed to have superior technology - right?

The only chance we poor humans have against them, is to outwit them on the battlefield - lol.

Take for example the Titan tank. I try to position myself with it in a high position and pound away at the Strogg vehicles below me as they come out of their compound, or fire on them as soon as they spawn inside their shilded area. I also try to do this as an engineer, so that I can move back to safety and jump out of it when it has taken damage, and repair it.

The funniest experience I have had so far, is when the Strogg forces realised what I was doing, and sent one of their vehicles up to where I was without me seeing it, and used it to push my tank over the cliff. I also got my chance to do this as a Strogg, but I was a little bit toward the back of the tank, and the driver realised what I was doing just before he went over, and sped away, only to come back and finish me off.

Another advantage that the GDF has, is the very cumbersome way that the Strogg vehicles handlle. Most of them are very difficult to operate, and are not very fast.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I employ the same tactic as you with the Titan tank, however that is impossible if a strogg employs the tactic I explained above. You usually can not see where the guy is, and his plasma cannon is well hidden and safe at that strogg base spawn point. I dont know what the counter measure for that thing would be right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:15 pm 

[quote1184695616=dmschaos]
heh, I agree...the front page image is getting stale. I'll be replacing it soon...some submissions would be nice though!

BTW, I think the plasma cannon is way overpowered. The distance and area which it can target and lock on to a target is way too big IMO. I had a plasma cannon shooting me from the second Strogg spawn location all the way to the first bridge near the GDF base. And not matter how far away I drove, the plasma shots were still nailing me. Not to mention the recharge seems way too short. As soon as I died, I would spawn, grab the next available vehicle, drive out of the gdf base and immediately get bombarded. I didnt see that as being all that fair. I couldnt even get close enough to disable it...especially without any airstrike capabilities for the GDF on that map :(
[/quote1184695616]

I submitted some shots for ss of the day, but I guess I uploaded them to the wrong place ?
Ok I just checked and there is a drop down for which gallery to upload to and I never picked Screenshots, so mine are stuck in the ET: Quake Wars Gallery, 'doh !
The plasma cannon locks on to your vehicle. So no matter where you go it will hit you. That is why I like it ! !dev1
You could put your hammer in the GDF camp and run over to the Strogg camp from way up in the mountains and locate the plasma cannon, lock on and shoot it out. No biggies !

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3