It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: jefe went under the knife
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:49 pm 

I was admitted to Willis Knighton Friday and just got out today. I went to see my doctor because of pain in my right side. I then was admitted to the hospital and sayed until this morning. The doctors ran all kinds of tests and eveything came back OK. They basically had no idea as to why I was hurting. So yesterday morning, they took me in to do liposcopic surgery. The surgen cut me open above the navel, blow the navel, and at the belt line. He then ran a scope in each hole to look at internal organs. When he got in there, he found that m appendix looked ab-normal. This is what he was looking for. He then took my appendix out. My appendix didnt look bad, just ab-normal. Now all of my pain in my side is gone. I have pain in the 3 spots where I was cut open but other than that I am fine. I just got released about an hour ago and am filling fine.

P.S. The bastards also got me with a catheter. Nothing like 18 inches of latex going in a hole that nothing is suppost to go in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:55 pm 

How bad was the catheter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:59 pm 

Well, they put it in before they gave me pain meds. It took my mind off of the pain in my side which was at about an 8 or 9 on the pain scale...It was horrible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 pm 

Glad to hear you're ok.

Do you reckon you got any "Surgical Glove-Love" while under?

O_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:54 pm 

I feel for ya. !ill i had mine removed last year. and then my son 5 months later. his ruptured and lead to a 10 days living at the hospital. :@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:12 pm 

Glad all is well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:16 pm 

[quote1173996911=jefe]
Well, they put it in before they gave me pain meds. It took my mind off of the pain in my side which was at about an 8 or 9 on the pain scale...It was horrible
[/quote1173996911]

Marvelous..just the concept totally creeps me out. Twice while being cut on I had to sit up and watch because my imagination goes wild from the sensation, DR's did not like it but I told em there is no choice. The big stuff they just knocked me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:37 am 

I guess I have been lucky so far.

I am 62 and I still have my appendix, and nobody has had to cut on me for any illness that I haven't caused by my own stupidity.

By that I mean my episode when I was about 38 years old, and broke my ankle in three places riding a dirt bike.

After it was set and put in a cast, after about a month, the bone surgeon didn't like the way it was setting up, so he rebroke it in two places, and installed two pins in it to hold it together while it was healing, and then operated again and removed them after a couple of months.

The total time in a cast was 7 months in a full leg cast up to my groin, and 5 more in a cast just below my knee. It is no fun at all to be in a cast for a year, and when the pins were in my bones, I could feel their sharp edges trying to push through my skin from the inside out.

When they were removed, I asked the doctor to save them and give them to me. That is when I found out why they caused me the pain. Apparently, they are manufactured in a standard length, and when they are hammered into the bone, the excess length is cut off with an instrument much like a wire cutter, which leaves two little sharp edges on them.

WITH SO LITTLE
FOR SO LONG
THAT WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED
TO DO ANYTHING, WITH NOTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:18 am 

I am glad this happened at a young age (24). I hurt pretty bad last night mainly because i over did it. I woke this morning feeling sore but not much pain from the surgical spots. I then got adventures and changed out a couple of the tape spots. I was held together with glue and tape. I also finally got good meds for the pain. my doc first gave me ultracet. ultracet is an extra strenght tylenol and an advil in the same pill. Needless to say after being stabbed in the stomach three times, it wasnt the time for tylenol. I got some stronger meds and I was out and about feeling fine last night. Things take time to heal and I am taking it easy today. Tonight is St. Patty's so we will see how that goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:31 pm 

glad to hear you have recovered.... good god, Catheters are the devil's work :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:56 am 

Good to hear you're OK jefe. I did say "ouch" when I read it tho. !amazed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:18 pm 

07 Has gotten off to a hell of a start. I broke my hand again at the end of Jan. Then this in march I fear what the rest of the year holds.

As far as the appendix surgery, All is well. I am bruised and pain levels are tolerable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:54 am 

Sup fellers!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear your ok Jefe. I wish I was there to snuggle with you sexy mofo !borg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:11 am 

[quote1174788464=jefe]
07 Has gotten off to a hell of a start. I broke my hand again at the end of Jan. Then this in march I fear what the rest of the year holds.

As far as the appendix surgery, All is well. I am bruised and pain levels are tolerable.
[/quote1174788464]

07 is starting to rock. Went online for dates with buddy who divorced on same day last august. We have been comparing notes and studying Marus's smart dating system. Pretty cool stuff. Its paid off I been driving 40 minute north to Ft. Collins to date a gal that is 10 years younger and used to compete in fitness competitions. Killer bod, best I ever had hands down. I just drop my daughter off at grandma's and head over to her place, I think we are done with the steak circuit and now just reaping the rewards at my place or hers. I think I can take my online shit down for the summer as I have regular shackup for bang time and she has her own company, her own money.

I have had some weird meets/dates but now I found what I was looking for. Buddy is close behind trying to get a gal to go on 2nd date although straight out of the gate he was banging a laywer until she flaked out.

Recruiting fraggers at work and lifting.

Thats my report - You guys ?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]